PDA

View Full Version : 1st interview tomorrow-help

zoe compton
26-04-2008, 06:51 PM
me again..must be driving you all mad by now! A mum's coming to see me tomorrow its my first interview (what a nightmare she had to pick a day when hubby and all 3 kids are home) she has a girl 18 months who will need minding 8.30-2.30 4 days a week but also a boy of 5 who she wants minding only occasionaly in the hols...can I have some advise please on how to charge. obviously she's going to take time off to cover some school holidays but do i still ask for payment for the girl when she doesnt bring her? and do i only charge for the boy when i have him? say if she only wants the boy to come to me 2 out of 4 days for a school holiday do i only charge for those 2 days and if shes off shes not going to send the girl to me so do i charge for those days or not?making myself confused now so if you can understand what i'm getting at please help!!

littlestar
26-04-2008, 07:10 PM
ill try and help you can charge full price and put it on contract and its up to her if she uses the spaces or not or she can pay as she goes and you can say but you are keeping the space open and if anyone comes along you will give the space away because she isnt contracting it and if the little girl isnt coming to you in holidays take a retainer half or full what ever suits you to keep her space for when she comes back becausse someone else could have the space and you wouldnt be earning hope this helps sorry i cant be of more help:(

berkschick
26-04-2008, 07:15 PM
I would charge for the little girl regardless. If Mum wants to take time off then that is up to her! If she just wanted her cared for term time and would always be off in the holidays then I would charge 50% retainer for the school holidays. But if she will need you to have her sometimes in the holidays too then I would charge full amount 100% of the time as you can not fill the place with another child incase she needs it.

For the boy, I would charge as and when she needed me but that is really up to you. You would be within your rights to charge her everyday of the hols as again, he is taking up a place that you can not fill with another child just incase he needs it.

Good luck, sont forget to let us know how you get on! :D

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:25 PM
I agree with Debbie

Good luck - hope everything goes well

miffy xx

netty
26-04-2008, 08:30 PM
I agree with Debbie.
Hope it all goes well.
Netty xxx

angeldelight
26-04-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes I would do the same

Just wanted to say good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

zoe compton
27-04-2008, 08:09 AM
thanks ladies ..it's great to know someone's there to help! just printing off my policies she'll be here in a hour.....will let you all know keep your fingers crossed for me:D

sarah707
27-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Good luck! ... remember, don't sound desperate for work... don't take it if it doesn't feel right... give an end time to their deliberations (eg. if you haven't rung me by Thursday next week I will have to advertise the place) and YOU are in charge, it's your business...

Can you tell I did some assertiveness training yesterday!!! :laughing:

angeldelight
27-04-2008, 08:17 AM
How are you feeling today Zoe dont be nervous

Just be yourself and you will be fine

Sending good luck vibes to you

Angel xx

Tatia
27-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Good luck. She should be there soon!:)

jordanann
27-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Hope things went well for you:thumbsup:

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

disney
27-04-2008, 03:53 PM
hope every thing was ok x

mumtodaniel
27-04-2008, 07:11 PM
Hi just read the thread, hope it all went well. I take a boy on during the holidays and only charge when he comes, but have written in the contract only when space available.