PDA

View Full Version : how many children (1st post)

Trudey
21-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Hiya,

im new here, so please be patient with me, my background is, i am a pt working mum of 5, aged 13, 11, 4, 3, 2 and 1 and im looking to child min in the next 2 years, hence me doing all my research now. i am currently working in a nursery and i am the eyp there.

my 1st question is ....

im aware that i can only look after 6 children, 3 under 5 and 3 over, but can i have more than 6 children on my books, as i may have different children on different days. I bet its all togther, but surely i should be allowed to mind children as long as i dont go over ratio on that day?

im going to my first ever meeting on tuesday refarding childminding, im not even sure if my house is big enough or too cluttered enough to child mind, ive read loasds of posts on here about paint and soil contamination beyond other things and im thinking wowzer, is my house even suitable.. did i mention i have 3 small dogs.....

well any replies would be great. by the way, i think id make a super childminder.x

Pixie dust
21-04-2011, 05:59 PM
H

my 1st question is ...

im aware that i can only look after 6 children, 3 under 5 and 3 over, but can i have more than 6 children on my books, as i may have different children on different days. I bet its all togther, but surely i should be allowed to mind children as long as i dont go over ratio on that day? Yes you may have more children on your books for the very reason you say but please remember your own children are included in your ratios

im going to my first ever meeting on tuesday refarding childminding, im not even sure if my house is big enough or too cluttered enough to child mind, ive read loasds of posts on here about paint and soil contamination beyond other things and im thinking wowzer, is my house even suitable.. did i mention i have 3 small dogs....Someone from Oftsed will come and check your house is suitable do you have a childminder development officer or co-ordinator who could come and visit you at home, they would be able to give you advice and tips

well any replies would be great. by the way, i think id make a super childminder.x

Good luck :)

skytvaddict
21-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Good luck. I am sure you will get answers to your questions at your Tuesday meeting but one thing on the numbers is that your own children are included in that 6 (and yes you can have more than 6 on your books as long as you don't go over numbers at any one time).

I have a 3 and 2 year old of my own so can only have 1 under 5 and 3 between 5 and 8. Depeding on when you start your 6 will be quite limited.