PDA

View Full Version : Settling in period

hollyberry
21-04-2011, 11:37 AM
Does anyone have a specific settling in period in their contracts with parents that allows either party to terminate after say a month?? I'm wondering, do I need this if we're on a month's notice anyway - just wondered if you offered anything different in respect to terms or periods of notice, during a specified period of settling in????

caz3007
21-04-2011, 11:39 AM
I use mm contracts and there is a section for settling in periods. They are different in that either party can stop the agreement without notice during the settling period. It works both ways and you could just as easily say its not working out as well as the parent and terminate immediately

AliceK
21-04-2011, 01:17 PM
I use MM contracts and I put a 4 week settling in period on there so either party can terminate in the first 4 weeks without notice period. It is nice to have and as I insist on payment in advance I can be sure a parent can't just disappear after eg 3 weeks having not paid. It has come in handy on 1 occasion :thumbsup:

xxxx

hollyberry
26-04-2011, 08:31 AM
Thank you for that. So if they decided after two weeks that they didn't like it and wanted to go, would you then refund the two weeks they hadn't used????

AliceK
26-04-2011, 09:15 AM
Thank you for that. So if they decided after two weeks that they didn't like it and wanted to go, would you then refund the two weeks they hadn't used????

Yes this is what I have done on the one occasion that things weren't working. Just be careful if they have paid you by childcare vouchers as you can't just refund this to the parent you need to go back through the voucher company as the parent hasn't paid tax on it.

xxxx

hollyberry
26-04-2011, 09:23 AM
Good to know, thank you for that. Just adding in settling in period terms to my contract now so that it's all nice and clear. Thank you so much for your help.