PDA

View Full Version : Do you write your own contracts or buy?

Newsuz
21-04-2011, 10:41 AM
Hi, as title says - I'm just starting out and have seen lots for sale all over the place - should I buy or write my own - what have you found works best?

Tealady
26-04-2011, 12:47 PM
I come from a contract writing background so was confident with writing my own, however I did get the NCMA ones free via our council as part of my set up package so I used them as an rough guide as to what to include.

If you don't have the confidence to write your own then I woud buy, but personally I would only by NCMA's or Morten Michel's as I would worry about what I was buying from elsewhere.

mrs robbie williams
26-04-2011, 01:08 PM
Ive written my own contracts and all my own forms. I went through them with my Ofsted inspector and she said they were absolutely fine. :thumbsup:

Penny1959
26-04-2011, 01:17 PM
If you want your contracts to be 'water tight' then buy either NCMA or MM. Others including any you write your self may not stand up in court.

However it is possible to be successful in the small claims court with one you have written - if you are prepared to take the risk

Personally I write my own - but i have years of childminding experience and so have a good idea what needs including.

Penny :)

Chatterbox Childcare
26-04-2011, 01:59 PM
I have always used NCMA ones for the last 17 years, even if I am not insured with them

they are comprehensive and not expensive

SandCastles
02-05-2011, 09:15 PM
I use the NCMA one's but recently found i only had one left and needed two, so I photocopied one and found a pink and yellow sheet of paper and photocopied onto them to re-create the corbon copies.
My DW said this was fine.
Maybe this is what I will do until I put an order into NCMA as they have postage charges for small orders.

tulip0803
02-05-2011, 09:24 PM
I use NCMA ones although I am insured with MM. I use them because I know they are legally worded, look professional and as I am in Wales are bilingual as I am no where near fluent to write my own bilingually.

If NCMA is your PLI provider then you need to use their contracts to ensure that you can fully access the legal recovery assistance in the case of a non-paying parent. NCMA will provide advice if you do no use their contracts but it is more limited.

miffy
03-05-2011, 07:00 AM
I've always used the NCMA ones too - they look professional, parents get a copy and they cover most things I need in a contract plus there's space to put in anything not covered as standard.

Miffy xx

peach
03-05-2011, 05:21 PM
same here I have always used NCMA or MM contracts.

Id be scared Id miss out something vital in one I did myself lol x