PDA

View Full Version : Newly registered?

JoJo*
21-04-2011, 06:06 AM
Finally i am ready for the next stage -
Throughout my training i was understanding that i would join the NCMA once i was registered.
Mrs O advised me on using Michael Morton at my pre-reg visit.
I Have read loads on this site where childminders prefer the paperwork and had general better service from MM?
As a newly registered childminder should i choose NMCA? :huh:

braichey
27-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi, a lot of people say its very much swings and roundabouts but i plan to join nmca for my 1st year as in my humble opinion they offer me the best option when starting out with their pub liab ins but then i plan to use mm after that. Im awaiting my reg cert so cant give you an experienced view, ive just read the info and perused the websites a bit to come to my decision. It may change but thats where i am at d mo.

JoJo*
27-04-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks...
I was thinking the same, Good luck :)

tulip0803
27-04-2011, 09:05 PM
I am a member of the NCMA but do not have their PLI insurance. I have my PLI with Morton Michel as their cover is miles better when a parent does not pay (see lots of threads on here). I use NCMA paperwork as I find it easy to use.

kittyzcool
28-04-2011, 02:43 PM
I can't make up my mind about who to go with. I think I'd prefer to use NCMA paperwork but if i'm paying to join to get cheaper paper work I may as well go with their ins as well or not - not sure

JoJo*
28-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Im still undecided too = :panic:
i dont have any mindees starting soon so im still reading too many reviews on here.... :eek: its not helping hahaha.....

Meleje
29-04-2011, 08:43 AM
I'm waiting for my reg cert too but am thinking of doing the same as PP, NCMA member and using the paperwork but have PLI with MM. Main reason is there's been a few post about NCMA not helping with parents and non-payments.

nicola1981
29-04-2011, 01:22 PM
i was undecided too but opted for MM for everything as felt like i had seen to much negativity from NCMA