PDA

View Full Version : tadpoles

gegele
19-04-2011, 05:53 PM
i was given frogspawn and we put it in a fish tank in garden.

i was expecting only a few to hatch but i only had 3 dead egg:eek:

i have hundred of little swimmers!!!!

WHAT DO YOU FEED THEM?

IS there a minimum space per tadpole rule lol?

sweets
19-04-2011, 06:07 PM
:eek:in a tank you are only allowed 3 without legs and 3 with legs you can have as many froglets as you want tho as long as they don't interfere with the care of the little ones tho :panic:

you can ask the frog king for a variation tho, but they only grant them for siblings so you may get away with it :laughing:

green puppy
19-04-2011, 06:26 PM
:eek:in a tank you are only allowed 3 without legs and 3 with legs you can have as many froglets as you want tho as long as they don't interfere with the care of the little ones tho :panic:

you can ask the frog king for a variation tho, but they only grant them for siblings so you may get away with it :laughing:

:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

FussyElmo
19-04-2011, 06:31 PM

:laughing: :ROFL1: :magnificent:

Pixie dust
19-04-2011, 06:52 PM
in a tank you are only allowed 3 without legs and 3 with legs you can have as many froglets as you want tho as long as they don't interfere with the care of the little ones tho

you can ask the frog king for a variation tho, but they only grant them for siblings so you may get away with it

Had to read it twice though, that will teach me not to read things properly
:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

sweets
19-04-2011, 08:07 PM
sorry i wasn't much help was i :)

i think you should feed them some fish food and you need to make sure that once have have little legs that they can get out of the water onto rocks or something, so that when they are frogs they can hop away! lol, they should be in pond water too, not tap water!

Twinkles
19-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Very funny sweets !! :clapping: :clapping:

babs
19-04-2011, 08:33 PM
omg i hate frogs i dont need any frog spawn in my garden we get hundreds every year and im not joking i mean hundreds the children collected them last year while i stayed behide the patio doors... when they get in i stop cutting grass as it walks and get a gardener :laughing:

The Juggler
19-04-2011, 09:35 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sweets you had me worried as we've got about 70 tadpoles from our trip on sunday.

Gegele we took some pondweed stuff from the pond we found them in plus a lady told me you can feed them bits of cucumber and lettuce :thumbsup: I'm so excited to see our froggies :clapping: :clapping:

sweets
19-04-2011, 09:54 PM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: sweets you had me worried as we've got about 70 tadpoles from our trip on sunday.

Gegele we took some pondweed stuff from the pond we found them in plus a lady told me you can feed them bits of cucumber and lettuce :thumbsup: I'm so excited to see our froggies :clapping: :clapping:

well as long as they are a sibling group it should be ok, and don't forget you have to do learning journeys on them all, the physical development section should be easy! :thumbsup:

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 06:42 AM
well as long as they are a sibling group it should be ok, and don't forget you have to do learning journeys on them all, the physical development section should be easy! :thumbsup:

I'll just have to watch as if I have a couple of biters - they might just eat each other :laughing: :laughing:

gegele
20-04-2011, 07:58 AM
i'm starting to panic about the leg stage as i have too many...i don't think they'll have enough space.

i'm an early years provider, i'm not equipped to work with the over 2legs! i suppose i can stretch to 4legs but once the tail is gone they have to move on!!!
lol

transition is going to be a the fish tank lay by the river.

as soon as they show an incline to hop they'll have to be gone as they scare me LOL

i don't really do frogs unless they're in my plate LOL:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

but sadly i'm obsessed with my tadies!!!:blush:

love them

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 08:05 AM
they are amazing to watch - it's like a feeding frenzy! don't worry too much hon, our nursery have them every year and the frogs are teeny tiny at first so as long as you release them when still tiny you should be fine. :thumbsup:

mama2three
20-04-2011, 08:06 AM
We went to collect ours last week from our usual spot and there werent any :( Glad its not a national tad shortage going on from the sound of it though!

gegele
20-04-2011, 07:24 PM
We went to collect ours last week from our usual spot and there werent any :( Glad its not a national tad shortage going on from the sound of it though!

my neighbour has some every year and this year NOTHING!!

so this year i'm a pond slag LOL went to everyone's until i found one!!!:blush: :blush:

Chimps Childminding
20-04-2011, 08:55 PM
We had some last year and the children absolutely loved them. Went out everyday to check how many frogs we had!! Was looking forward to getting some more this year, but the neighbour who let us have some last year said her pond has dried up :( shame as we were all looking forward to it!!!

Will have to make do with June's ant world - she bought some ants off the internet to put in it and her dh thought she had gone mad as we are infested with them most summers - not my idea of a pet, but I am sure the lo's will enjoy watching them :D

Cammie Doodle
20-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Oh come on Carolyn you will grow to love them, I will even let you name them :ROFL1:

Chimps Childminding
20-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Oh come on Carolyn you will grow to love them, I will even let you name them :ROFL1:

Nope, sorry June, they are your pets and you need to look after them all by yourself :thumbsup: and don't think they are coming to live at my house when you go on holiday :panic: