PDA

View Full Version : FAO: Newbies - did you state this in your advertising?

Helos76
18-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Just wondering if you put that you were newly registered? Do you think this would put potential parents off? My only and 'real' experience is the first hand experience of being Mum to my 2 children!

Interested to know your thoughts!

Thanks

Hx

miffy
18-04-2011, 09:03 PM
I'm not newly registered but I wouldn't have put it in my advertising in case it did put people off.

I'd want to encourage people to come and meet me and see what I had to offer before they made up their mind.

Miffy xx

swindonminder
18-04-2011, 09:12 PM
My DO told me not to advertise that I was newly registered because it may put potential parents off.

onceinabluemoon
18-04-2011, 10:03 PM
NO I didn't, and I didn't tell parents unless they asked how long I'd been doing it either.

Louise317
19-04-2011, 11:27 AM
I was told not to advertise that you were new.

When I looked for my CM I never thought to ask her how long she'd done it for or what grading she was... I just liked her :)

Don't advertise that you newbie, just be yourself when they visit. And having two of your own is experience enough :)

candylove13
19-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I did in one advert I placed and found other sites I used that didn't state this gained more interest.
I've only been minding since Oct 11 and often tell parents when they visit and ask. I think the fact that you have your own children would work in your favour, as long as you show parents your commitment to training and the benefits you can offer you will be fine.
Good luck :)

nicoleon
19-04-2011, 12:29 PM
I did tell everybody when i started and i tell parents how long i've been doing it when they come and visit me now as well. I've had lots of enquiries so I was very lucky and it didn't seem to put anybody off...

Meleje
19-04-2011, 12:52 PM
I'm not going to advertise that I'm new to it. I agree with the others that it could be a put off, not for all but maybe for some