PDA

View Full Version : Help???? New Standards Wales

fatima
16-04-2011, 01:58 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that we now have 24 standards instead of 21 a long read this weekend to check what standards are new and what has changed or what if anything in standard's I have to write into my policy now - or has anyone had a look already and know what the changes are etc. Left message for local NCMA officer, not got back to me and spoke to someone in local CSSIW office no inspector available to have a quick word and the girl i spoke too replied "not had the chance to read them yet or know in passing conversation with my working colleagues what has actually change" - HELP PLEASE NEW TO ALL OF THIS AS I JUST HANDED IN PAPERWORK ON OLD STANDARDS so want to be ready if they want me to re-do

sarah707
16-04-2011, 02:42 PM
Some Welsh forum members have been discussing it here -

http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=79500

If you go down the thread a member has posted a second link to the abbreviated version of the changes.

Hth :D

manjay
16-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that we now have 24 standards instead of 21 a long read this weekend to check what standards are new and what has changed or what if anything in standard's I have to write into my policy now - or has anyone had a look already and know what the changes are etc. Left message for local NCMA officer, not got back to me and spoke to someone in local CSSIW office no inspector available to have a quick word and the girl i spoke too replied "not had the chance to read them yet or know in passing conversation with my working colleagues what has actually change" - HELP PLEASE NEW TO ALL OF THIS AS I JUST HANDED IN PAPERWORK ON OLD STANDARDS so want to be ready if they want me to re-do

It is all very new to everyone:rolleyes: As you can see from your experience even the 'professionals' haven't had chance to digest it yet. If you have already handed in your paperwork I would just leave it to them to tell you what you need to change when they have worked out what they want:thumbsup:

fatima
16-04-2011, 03:05 PM
Thanks all just worried as someone i know who's friend has just handed her's in been told that she needs to refer to new standards so thought i would get things ready before they ring me so far have noticed that old standard 5 working with parent is now 6 and 5 is now a new policy on records a new standard called nurture and well-being and a quick look pointed out old standard 21 safety is now standard 24 also is it true that i need first aid cert before reg now as i understood it was within 6 months of reg soooooooooooooo confused

Polly2
16-04-2011, 06:01 PM
I am working my way though them myself as I have an inspection due soon :panic:

Yes you are right you do have to have your first aid before you are registered now - whch I think is much more sensible :thumbsup: