PDA

View Full Version : quick question re policies

madwoman
15-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Hi everyone,

I wonder if anyone can help me, prob a silly question but here goes anyway, i have been told that we have to sign all of our policies, is this right?

If so is it just the ones we hold or the policies we give to the parents too, if so i suppose we could sign the master copy and then photocopy from that.

Thanx lady's :D

miffy
15-04-2011, 03:39 PM
Well, I don't sign any of mine - I can't see the need to. I do date them when I write them or when I update them.

Miffy xx

swindonminder
15-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I don't sign mine either, I do add in a footer to the document with my name and date of when I last reviewed them.

sarah707
15-04-2011, 04:17 PM
I sign and date mine then date and initial when I review them :D

madwoman
15-04-2011, 04:25 PM
Thanx for the feedback lady's, knew i could rely on you all x x x

Rubybubbles
22-04-2011, 07:48 PM
just reviewing mine:( Up until now I have dated and signed each one, but completly changed most of them:blush: and am going to use a footer with date then sign, going to add space for some more dates and signs too!

onceinabluemoon
22-04-2011, 08:18 PM
I sign and date mine too.

Didn't somebody get an action a couple of weeks ago because they hadn't signed theirs or am I dreaming?

wellybelly
22-04-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh gosh, now going to sign mine:panic:

Penny1959
23-04-2011, 04:00 AM
Mine are all signed, dated and have a review date.

Penny :)

christine e
23-04-2011, 06:05 AM
Don't sign mine

Cx

sarah707
23-04-2011, 06:09 AM
I sign and date mine too.

Didn't somebody get an action a couple of weeks ago because they hadn't signed theirs or am I dreaming?

Crikey I can't remember... I know someone got an action for not putting their name as 'written by' on every one of their risk assessments and signing those!!

And a while ago someone got an action for not signing their weekly cleaning / safety check sheets to show they had done them (or something similar).

Just sign everything and you won't go far wrong :rolleyes: :D

onceinabluemoon
23-04-2011, 06:13 AM
Crikey I can't remember... I know someone got an action for not putting their name as 'written by' on every one of their risk assessments and signing those!!

And a while ago someone got an action for not signing their weekly cleaning / safety check sheets to show they had done them (or something similar).

Just sign everything and you won't go far wrong :rolleyes: :D

OMW!!! Ofsted have some serious jobsworths! (although I suppose now it is Tribal/Prospects who do the inspections?)

sarah707
23-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Yeah I remember in the thread she was gutted. :(

She had them all in a folder with her name on the front and since she wrote them and is the only one in the business she thought that was enough.

However it does say that the writer's name must be on RAs in the statutory requirements so I suppose theoretically the inspector was right.

Just makes you wonder sometimes though doesn't it? :rolleyes:

AliceK
24-04-2011, 07:34 AM
Mine are all signed, dated and have a review date.

Penny :)

Same here :thumbsup:

xxxxxxx

Carol M
24-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Yep me too. The policies must be reviewed at least every 12 mths so by dating them when writing them and putting a review date you always meet this requirement.
I sign, date and put next review date at bottom of each, initial when reviewed, then put next review date IYSWIM.
I also have an index sheet at front of policy pack on which all dates are recorded so I can see at a glance which need reviewing. I do alter dates if I change a policy for whatever reason within the 12 mths but always try and review them all in August(just cos I'm quiet in August) so as none get missed
:panic:
Carol xx

madwoman
24-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Thanx lady's,

i really don't know what i would do without this site, you are all so good at your jobs and are so willing to help others

Thank you all sooooo much :littleangel: :littleangel: :littleangel: