PDA

View Full Version : Policies parents must have

Mel_Johnson
15-04-2011, 01:23 PM
I am just about to sign my first contract with a Mum and I remember that my inspector said that there were some policies that I had to print off and get the parents to sign but the rest could be on a CD.
I can't remember which ones had to printed off and do they have to sign each policy or can they just sign one sheet of paper with the list of the policies on that says they have read and understood them.

Thanks

rickysmiths
15-04-2011, 04:01 PM
I list all my Policies on one signing sheet which says they have read, agree to and recieved a copy of... and then list them. I always give a paper copy but if you give them on a Disc then just state this on the form.

It also says on it that the Polices will be reviewed at least once a year but more often if Regulations or Legislation means a change.

If you want to only do the Required ones then there are technically none that we need to have written down but the ones we should have are detailed in the Statutory Guidance Book for EYFS

manjay
15-04-2011, 04:36 PM
I think personally reading through the new NMS it is slightly ambiguous about what needs to be given to parents and what needs to be shown to parents. For me I will continue to do what I have always done which is provide every parent with a policy booklet on contract signing. This consists of all my policies but in very small font so it doesn't take up many pages. I then have one sheet with all policies listed that all parents sign.

Maybe when things have settled down we might get some clearer guidance. I am still in shock that there is now no guidance on the length or type of First Aid course requirements!!!

Mel_Johnson
15-04-2011, 06:58 PM
Thanks guys. I was going to put all my policies on a CD but I think I will do a booklet in small print. I know some people will never even put a CD in to read them at least if they are on paper there is a greater chance of them being read.
I've got to be honest I haven't looked at the new NMS in detail yet, want to get some mindees first!!!
When I get a chance I'll have a good look and see what I need to update.

manjay
15-04-2011, 07:47 PM
I've got to be honest I haven't looked at the new NMS in detail yet, want to get some mindees first!!!
When I get a chance I'll have a good look and see what I need to update.

Good luck! I have had a look through and I still don't know what I need to update;)