PDA

View Full Version : FOR ALL OF THOSE WHO HAVE LOST MORE THAN A STONE IN WEIGHT

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 07:57 AM
When did people start to notice you had lost weight

I know years ago when I lost lots of weight it seemed to take ages before anyone really noticed although I could tell myself

I saw a friend the other day who said she had lost over a stone and I really could not tell I felt awful

I have lost some weight now - not a lot yet but my jeans etc are def not so tight

I cant wait till I have lost some more and people start to notice

So did it take a while for you or did people notice straight away?

Angel xx

BlondeMoment
15-04-2011, 07:59 AM
With me people noticed after the first stone. I think it depends on what you wear and the time of year because it's hard to see under winter clothes

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:02 AM
With me people noticed after the first stone. I think it depends on what you wear and the time of year because it's hard to see under winter clothes

Did you have lots to lose

I think the more you have to lose the less you notice that first stone or so?

Angel xx

jelly15
15-04-2011, 08:03 AM
After about a stone and a half with me. Thing is if you lose a stone when you are, in my case 14st 7 lbs, and someone else loses the same amount from 11 st it is going to show on the lighter person most IYSWIM.

angeldelight
15-04-2011, 08:04 AM
After about a stone and a half with me. Thing is if you lose a stone when you are, in my case 14st 7 lbs, and someone else loses the same amount from 11 st it is going to show on the lighter person most IYSWIM.

Yes thats what I think too

Angel xx

The Juggler
15-04-2011, 06:23 PM
some people show it quickly especially if they have a thin face, despite the weight, it shows there really quickly.

I agree, though with winter it's hard to see the initial weightloss in places like arms, legs, waistlines as we're all covered up all the time. I lost a stone in the autumn but have had my big coat on, on the school run. The last few weeks I've been just in a cardi or t-shirt, loads more people have commented.

grindal
15-04-2011, 07:12 PM
It also depends how quickly you lose weight and how often you see people. I have lost 2 and a half stone, but very slowly over the last two years. People I see regularly do not tend to notice as my shape has not changed quickly - but people I do not see much have noticed!

coffee-time
15-04-2011, 07:50 PM
ive lost 1st 10lb in the last 9 weeks (on cambridge diet, want to lose 2 st in all) id say it was after the first stone that people started to notice and as others said now im not wearing my big winter coat and ive bought some jeans a size smaller it notices even more :clapping:
been trying to lose this weight for the last 5 years, just hope i can keep it off now!

manjay
15-04-2011, 07:55 PM
I have lost 2 and a half stone which now means I am 9 stone. My weight loss has happened in about 6 months over the winter so I have been well covered up in baggy work clothes:rolleyes: . Recently I have revamped my wardrobe and obviously wearing less as the weather is warmer. People are now doing a double take when they see me! It is very funny:D

Rubybubbles
15-04-2011, 08:30 PM
People noticed on me after losing nearly 2 stone:( but now nearly lost 4:clapping: I agree going into short sleved tops and winter coats off helps!

still struggling, weight is so boring!

Lorraine B
15-04-2011, 09:09 PM
I have now lost 10.5 lb in 5 weeks and i cannot wait for someone to notice as i am in subtle ways but i still have at least a stone to lose to get to pre baby weight from 18 months ago:) I am loving the buzz of losing it though :clapping:

Lorraine xxxx

P.s still want to lose another 2-3 stone though :(

mamma_mia
17-04-2011, 09:09 AM
ive lost 25lbs and everyone is noticing though my inlaws deliberately say nowt cos sister in law is huge so they dont like fact that im loosing:angry:

BlondeMoment
18-04-2011, 11:19 AM
Did you have lots to lose

I think the more you have to lose the less you notice that first stone or so?

Angel xx

I was a size 16 and got back to a size 12 eventually so not alot really. Just 2 and a half stone

georgie456
18-04-2011, 07:46 PM
People are starting to comment now, and I've lost 24lbs since January.
I think the recent weather helps because I am now shedding the oversized Gap jumpers and wearing t-shirts.
It's SO motivating when people comment - it makes me even more determined to reach goal.

Toothfairy
19-04-2011, 08:38 AM
I'm really big, so it takes a good 3-4 stone before people start to notice. :blush:

It shows more on my face and neck before anywhere else.