PDA

View Full Version : First graded inspection - GOOD!

Katiekoo
13-04-2011, 03:33 PM
Yey! I had my first inspection today and it was very stressful preparing but she was lovely. I have been worrying about getting caught out by one or other bit of paperwork. But overall I got GOOD, I am so relieved!
I was extremely happy until I realised how close I'd got to being outstanding! Shock! The only area she said that wasn't outstanding was the continual professional development which she said she couldn't give me outstanding as it was my first inspection and very hard to prove anything continuous in just a few months. Is that correct? I thought all grades would be up for grabs no matter how long you'd been childminding. Seems rather prejudiced to exclude new folk from being outstanding.
Plus I feel that I have proven my commitment to ongoing development - I have done three additional courses extra to the compulsory ones, plus I have applied for the CYPW qualification, and joined the local network - what else could I do at this point to prove I am commited to development?
I didn't argue - was just pleased it was over :p
Anyway it won't spoil my delight that it's all over and I am officially GOOD! :clapping:

slkeating21
13-04-2011, 04:02 PM
:clapping: Congrats

mrs_scottydog
13-04-2011, 04:39 PM
That's fantastic. Congratulations! :clapping: Hx

breezy
13-04-2011, 04:41 PM
thats brilliant news, well done :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

sarah707
13-04-2011, 05:54 PM
The Ofsted inspector's handbook says that it would be unusual for a new childminder to be outstanding in CPD because they have yet to embed CPD in their ongoing practice.

So yes the inspector is following her handbook advice.

Well done you! :clapping:

Katiekoo
13-04-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks everyone :)
It's nice to know she wasn't just making things up, sarah!
Also wanted to say thanks to this marvellous forum without which I would not have found sarah's excellent e-books, everyones best efforts to help each other out and may have completely lost my marbles rather than the partial loss I have actually suffered.
Thank you all, I am so pleased :D

miffy
16-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Congratulations :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx