PDA

View Full Version : Update

Pipsqueak
13-04-2011, 12:40 PM
Well its been nearly 9 months (gosh a pregnancy) since I quit the ciggies and I have to say I feel sooooo much better for it, I look better too.

for those of you wanting to quit or struggling to quit - you CAN do it.
the long term benefits like easier breathing, running around with the kiddies, nicer skin etc are terrific.

i cannot honestly say I have noticed a financial difference as I didn't put the money aside specifically BUT in hindsight we have a much merrier Christmas and being able to splash out a little at other times is nice

its great not having to go outside in all weathers for a ciggies
its great being able to lounge in bed in the mornings without eventually having to get up cause you want a ciggie

life is GOOD and managable without ciggies. I was worried how I'd cope generally without ciggies - now I wonder how I did cope WITH them!

99.9% of me and the time I don't miss it at all, I am not going to lie - sometimes I feel like I could have one. but the smell and smoke now just choke me up

just wanted to say to you - never stop trying to quit, it took me several attempts and failures over several years but after nearly 25yrs I did it and so can you. its too late for my teeth and bone density in my jaw holding my teeth - they HAVE suffered badly but its still worth it.:D

little miss chatterbox
13-04-2011, 01:40 PM
well done Pip! You've done really really well. Keep it up x :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Playmate
13-04-2011, 01:56 PM
Fantastic Pip everything you have said is so true. I quit 9 years ago after several failed attempts. Now I look at people with cigerettes in their hands and just say WHY? Especially in this day and age when you can't smoke anywhere :huh:

ORKSIE
13-04-2011, 02:12 PM
Well done Pipperliscous:thumbsup:
xx

Aimi-jo
13-04-2011, 02:23 PM
Something to be very proud of!!! Hopefully il be able to a post like this soon, Picking my 'right time' if there is such a thing.
Im the sure the financial side of things is a huge incentive, seeing as even the cheaper brands are nearly £6 :eek:
Really well done x

LOOPYLISA
13-04-2011, 02:59 PM
well done :clapping:

I have to sell ciggies in my job and i hate even selling them to people, well done you x

angeldelight
13-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Well done Pip that is brilliant

Keep up the good work

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

Trouble
13-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Im very proud of you xxxx

bexter
13-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Over 3 years for me Pip and have never regretted it - well done

pinky33
26-05-2011, 09:50 PM
Oh I need help I want to quit sooo bad but I'm scared!
I know this is a stupid thing to say because it makes no sense but I am.

:(

Greengrass74
27-05-2011, 06:16 AM
Oh I need help I want to quit sooo bad but I'm scared!
I know this is a stupid thing to say because it makes no sense but I am.

:(

Know how you feel, I felt the same.

I brought some of them electronic cigarettes which were fantastic for me. I was able to give up real ones and use the fake ones for about a month then slowly gave them up.

I have been completly free for 6 months now and feel great, the electronic cigs really helped me as the process of giving up was not hard at all

Here is a link to the ones I used maybe you should try the sample pack only a fiver to see how you get on

http://www.nucig.co.uk/

wishing you luck, if I can do it then anyone can.

Dave

miffy
27-05-2011, 06:43 AM
Well done Pip :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx

pinky33
27-05-2011, 07:30 AM
Thanks Dave!

Think I'm gonna give them a go

Mollymop
27-05-2011, 08:29 AM
OH I missed this!!! Well done to you!! I am so proud of you and knew u could do it. WHOOp WHOOP!! Hope yuo've saved lots of pennies to treat yourself!

~Chelle~
27-05-2011, 12:36 PM
Well done hun :clapping: :clapping:

madwoman
28-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Very well done hun :clapping: :thumbsup: :clapping: :thumbsup:

The Juggler
29-05-2011, 02:46 PM
Pip only just seen this - don't check this section often :blush: that' is fab. so proud of you - bet it makes the ballet easier too. The next few years will fly by - I promise.

pinky, I felt panicky about stopping (not giving up - you notice - what's to give up - lots of money and bad health ;) ) the same way I felt panicky when I was a smoker and knew my ciggies were gonna run out late at night and no shops open/none for morning.

I tried NLP which worked so fab for me. Like hypnosis but a big different. I had a difficult week 1 but after that fab. Best thing about it is, that I don't actually use willpower to keep off them, I really do not want/ever want to smoke/be tempted. It looks strange and alient to me and I NEVER miss it not even after a few glasses of vino (which was always the worst time when I quit the six or seven times before that). I smoked for 22 years :eek: :blush: from the age of 15 to the age of 36 bar stopping for both pregnancies. Nothing I ever did when I stopped made me stop wanting one when someone else lit up - but now - I don't :D

I recommend it.:thumbsup: