PDA

View Full Version : Got the call!!!

Meleje
07-04-2011, 06:59 PM
Lady from Prospect called today to arrange the pre reg visit. Its booked for the Mon 18th at 9.45 a.m. Glad I've got a couple of weekends to work through my very long list of jobs! Its not all major stuff just things I know need doing, iykwim.

One question, how many of you had your own children there during the visit? I know some people find someone to have their children so they can concentrate and this sounds very appealing. However at one meeting I went to they said that it would look better if you kept your children around, to show what you're like around children, which also makes sense.

So what did you do and how did it go?

Eddisonsmum
07-04-2011, 07:54 PM
Good luck!

I'm waiting for the call myself. When did you send your paperwork in if you don't mind me asking? X

mrs_scottydog
07-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Good luck! I had my son here while I had my visit, he was 18 months old at the time and was very good. Hx

janush
07-04-2011, 11:07 PM
I was breastfeeding my youngest daughter (then age 7 months) throughout my Pre reg visit while the older one (then age 3) decided to eat an ink pad and turn herself green!! it all went well considering! I'd have your children there to show how you are with children and at multitasking cos I assume your children will be there when you start minding. Good luck x

curlywurly
08-04-2011, 06:41 AM
Hi,

Iv got a 3 year old daughter who is very chatty!lol.my dh took her out for a couple of hours and we got the bulk of the questions out of the way by the time they returned.

I'm glad he took her out as I wouldn't have been able to concentrate with her there and the lady a my pre reg was here for 3.5 hours!

I suppose it depends on you really and whatever makes it easier for you.

Good luck for the 18th

miffy
08-04-2011, 06:45 AM
Good luck with the visit.

Miffy xx

marlee1986
08-04-2011, 10:15 AM
i had my 2yo at home with me shes very chatty, but the inspectors are use to it, she just carryed on talkin. my daughter was surprisingly well behaved lol xx

Louise317
08-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Good luck Meleje for the 18th, i'm waiting on a call :)

I was wondering if to have my 2yo dd around or get my dh to take time off and take her out. Or to set up some things that I know she be OK to do whilst i'm not 100% with her... like building blocks, puzzles or her fairy house :)

Meleje
08-04-2011, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the good luck wishes, I'm thinking I will probably keep my girls here and do like Louise317 said about getting things ready that will keep my eldest busy and maybe try and time in a nap for my youngest. That way I might buy a small amount of time with Mrs O with minimal distractions.

Good luck!

I'm waiting for the call myself. When did you send your paperwork in if you don't mind me asking? X

I think I sent them off about 3, possibly 4, weeks ago but definately no longer than thats, if that any help. When did you send yours off, Eddisonsmum?

Eddisonsmum
08-04-2011, 06:25 PM
I think I sent them off about 3, possibly 4, weeks ago but definately no longer than thats, if that any help. When did you send yours off, Eddisonsmum?

I sent them off mid march. I kind of feel as if I'm reading one way of ofsted doing rings and experiencing another! I called them today and they said they wouldn't instruct tribal to visit me until they have my health dec and crbs back. Not worried about crbs because tracked them on line and they have both completed. Health dec, well, doctors told me they posted it last Friday. When I called them today they confessed not posting it yet so it should have gone todays post. So I guess Monday/Tuesday ofsted should have everything they need to instruct tribal and they then have 4 weeks to see me. Is this normal? I thought people had their visits even if crbs hadn't completed, and only once they had would the registration go ahead.

Good luck for your visit xx

Louise317
08-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I thought people had their visits even if crbs hadn't completed, and only once they had would the registration go ahead.

When Ofsted called me to say the received Registration form... they said that they would only start the process once, Reference in/confirmed and Health Document received. She never mentioned the CRB's... I'm going to call the Monday. I know both of my references have confirmed and the Doctors form in as I posted it.

So if they say anything about the crb's Monday i'll post back :)

anthea jane
08-04-2011, 07:46 PM
Good luck meeje!!!

I had a phone call on the 3rd march to say all paper work received.References have been checked, medicals done and crbs are back but haven't had a phone call yet? Think I will phone them monday

nicola1981
10-04-2011, 10:09 AM
mine was about 7 weeks from sending in my application pack but i did call prospects and chase up my pre-reg visit