PDA

View Full Version : Question about Outstanding

sharronej
07-04-2011, 01:16 PM
Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me popping on (I tend to read more than I post :blush: ). I've just had my inspection and got an Outstanding, I was under the impression that you had to score 9 out of the 17 areas and that makes your overall grade but the Inspector said that there are no hard and fast rules. I asked the inspector how many I had and she said she had graded me outstanding on all 17 areas :jump for joy: Does that mean that you have to reach that grade on all the areas to get an outstanding or do you know if you can have a mix of outstanding and goods and still be outstanding?

I know it doesn't really matter but I find the whole thing so confusing - they seem to be able to make it up as they go!

Thanks
Sharron

Minstrel
07-04-2011, 01:29 PM
There are 'key' areas out of the 17 in which you have to attain Outstanding (or Good for example) for your overall grade to be outstanding. If any of these key areas are given a Good then your overall cannot be higher than Good.

Soem of the key ares would be Safeguarding, for example.

I hope this makes sense.

Mouse
07-04-2011, 01:50 PM
When I had my inspection, not long after EYFS first came in, you had to be outstanding (or good) in all areas to get that grade.

It has changed now though & you can be a mix of outstanding & good, and still get outstanding overall, or mix of good & satisfactory and still be good. I don't think it goes on the number of areas, but is based on which areas are outstanding.

onceinabluemoon
07-04-2011, 02:37 PM
I was graded 6 months after EYFS came in and got outstanding in all areas.

No idea if it has changed since then.

miffy
07-04-2011, 03:51 PM
There are 'key' areas out of the 17 in which you have to attain Outstanding (or Good for example) for your overall grade to be outstanding. If any of these key areas are given a Good then your overall cannot be higher than Good.

Soem of the key ares would be Safeguarding, for example.

I hope this makes sense.

I know my inspector told me that even if everything else was outstanding, if you weren't considered outstanding in safeguarding it would bring the grade down to good.

Miffy xx

sharronej
09-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Thanks ladies, my report has come and three of the seventeen areas are highlighted in red they are;

How well does the setting meet the needs of children in the EYFS?

The effectiveness of leadership and management

Outcomes for children in the EYFS

So I'm wondering if these are the three 'key'areas. Thanks for your help.

Sharron
x

christine e
10-04-2011, 07:44 AM
I know my inspector told me that even if everything else was outstanding, if you weren't considered outstanding in safeguarding it would bring the grade down to good.

Miffy xx

I didn't realise this - thought you had to been outstanding in all areas

Cx