PDA

View Full Version : Overnight Care- What do you charge?

MAWI
06-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Hi
I have been registered for overnight care for three years but never been needed. I was only saying yesterday that I might as well take it off my registration and I get an enquiry.

Im stuck as to what to charge:

Do I charge my normal rate for each and every hour?

Do I charge less for sleeping hours or more for unsociable hours?

Not sure what the NORM is really. Any advice appreciated
:)

jumpinjen
06-04-2011, 09:54 PM
I charge £40 for a ten hour period from 10pm til 6am and my unsocial hours rate between 6-8 am and 5-10pm. people sometimes seem to think it should be cheaper as the child is asleep but you can't go out to an exercise calss or anything and if the child has a restless night then so do you..... make sure you risk assess for the child and complete an overnight care record form for dealing with night time issues like nightmares, bed wetting etc and get loads of contact numbers for emergencies so yo can get hold of mum via a roundabout way if she isn't answering direct. This is more expensive than others in my area but I'm not prepared to do nights for less after working a full day also!

Good luck, Jen

rachelle
06-04-2011, 10:15 PM
For children I already mind I do £30 from 7-7 for those that sleep through, mostly because only 1 stays on a regular basis and is 7-7 in the day, so fits in nicely and I know my sleep is very likely to be undisturbed until 7 the next morning.

I would charge more for children I didn't know as settling in at night is harder work imo and I'm more likely to be disturbed and needed.

Tink
07-04-2011, 05:45 AM
I have had an enquiry for over night stay and weekends. My bedroom is not yet registered is it quite simple to do?

Penny1959
07-04-2011, 06:00 AM
I am not registered for overnight care - but I do go to one mindees house to stay overnight (mum is a nurse and single parent).

I charge £3 per hour up to 10pm then £4 per hour through out the night until 5:30am when it goes back to £3 an hour (my normal rate)

Parent is very happy to pay through the night as realises that although I may nap on sofa or on air bed in child's bedroom -I do not sleep. She says it is a very good deal for her as she prefers child to be in own bed.

Penny :)