PDA

View Full Version : Pre-reg booklet

HMT81
05-04-2011, 02:18 PM
Can anyone help me out with a few questions please please?

Q31. What will you consider when planning a suitable environment for children? I put safety and age appropriate resources, but can't think of anything else.

Q32. What might a typical day be like? Do they want a full day planned out? /How will you plan activities to ensure you meet the needs of the children, such as a baby under 12 months, a two year old and a four year old? This might sound daft but do you do one activity and adapt it for different ages, or do separate activities for different ages?

Q38. How will you ensure all the children continue to be challenged, interested and excited about the activites you plan? I put change and add to the activities often so the children don't get bored, but don't know what else.

Q41. How will you evaluate the success of the activities you plan for the children? I put that I will observe the activities to see how children enjoy it and what they get out of it, but there must be more than that?

Sorry I'm just panicking a little as my pre-reg visit is on thurs and my mind has gone blank!

Jiorjiina
05-04-2011, 03:14 PM
For mine, I've got:

Q32: What might a typical day be like?

I've got a rough routine planned out, (i.e. drop offs, school run, back home, then whatever sot of things you do during the day, like playtime, park time, snacks, lunch, playgroup, etc.), but since I'm not planning on doing the exact same thing everyday I'm not putting anything massively detailed down.

I think you just need to have thought about things you can do with the children.

How will you plan activities to ensure you meet the needs of the children, such as a baby under 12 months, a two year old and a four year old?

I did one activity differentiated for three age groups. If you only do one activity per age group, you're not showing how you can care for different ages at the same time.

HTH! :)

HMT81
05-04-2011, 06:40 PM
That's great, thanks