PDA

View Full Version : Been and gone!

Doofuz
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM
Sent my forms off a few weeks ago and the phone call came last Thursday to say she would be here this morning. All weekend was frantic, unbelievable amount to do. Was so nervous! My husband stayed to talk about the renovation side of things and then he went, left me to it. She was here for two hours exactly, apparently due to my experience and qualifications. Lots of questions, she especially liked the post it notes I used around the house as they showed her before she could ask that I had thought about it. She registered me for 5 so I am incredibly happy, and now waiting start! I would like to say thank you to the help from this site, my computer has broken but still, the help has been invaluable. I hope to help others in return :-D

Twinkle-Toes
05-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Thats great news, well done!

Thanks alot for the info, it's great to hear what they focused on etc

What did you have on the post it notes? Just a few words describing what you wanted there/had done?

miffy
05-04-2011, 01:44 PM
Glad it went well :thumbsup:

Miffy xx

fieryleo1984
05-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Thats great news hun!

Emma x

HMT81
05-04-2011, 02:30 PM
Well done :clapping:
I have my visit on thursday :panic:

Doofuz
05-04-2011, 04:33 PM
Good luck with your visit on Thursday HMT81, it really wasn't so bad. Kate, the post it notes were basically prompts for me whilst walking round, she could see that I had been thinking about how to keep the children safe. It is because of the post it notes that I had no actions from her. I obviously have things to do before I start though

She wanted to see my written risk assessments, (apparently she sees a lot of wrong ways to do them, mine were okay, thankfully) I had completed most of them but not all so I told her what I would do for these. She read through my policies and procedures and the endless questions about legislation, welfare, observations and EYFS began.

Now I have so much to do! Not sure where to begin but there is a childminder support evening on Thursday that I am really looking forward to - lots of speakers and other childminders to meet.

Best wishes to anyone else due for their visit :)

Mollymop
05-04-2011, 04:37 PM
Glad to hear it went ok . x

theonebeachbum
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
Well done, sounds like you did brilliantly!

I'm dreading my visit, I don't want to look silly by not knowing the answer to questions, especially if its all technical about legislation and such luck :eek:

Tobb x

Doofuz
05-04-2011, 06:22 PM
I dreaded mine, felt sick for days beforehand - it wasn't all that bad though. She was helpful occasionally, a few prompts from her every now and then wasn't a bad thing ;)

Blackcat
06-04-2011, 09:03 PM
well done xxx:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: