PDA

View Full Version : Start-up grants

jordanann
24-04-2008, 03:38 PM
Hi all,
Just wondering if all you pre-reg are getting a start up grant??
I was told that they dont do this anymore!!! I got one when i last regisitered a few years ago and as i'm classed as a new childminder i thought why try and get one again.
Wonder if its just certain areas now????

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

Kelly
24-04-2008, 03:42 PM
It does seem that in some areas there isn't a grant. I live in Oxfordshire where childminders get a good grant (slashed this year though!) but as far as I know Wiltshire hardly get anything, I am not even sure if they are paying for the ICP anymore.

Kelly

mum2two
24-04-2008, 04:16 PM
When I reg last Jan, we got £300. We could use it all for equip, or take out the NCMA pack for £125 & then have what's left.

Now it's still £300, but if you don't take out the NCMA pack, you only get £175. Seeing as hubby is registering, we don't really need the whole pack again, but if we can't have the £125 for equip, then we may as well have the free contracts!

Think it differs on where you live.

Kelly x

SonnysMummy
24-04-2008, 08:25 PM
We don't get a grant. They pay for ICP and training courses though, except first aid.

Kelly:)

angeldelight
25-04-2008, 06:53 AM
Hi Lisa

It does differ - lets hope they do it in your area

Good luck let us know

Angel xx

louise2778
25-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I hope I get one, I really need to get some pre-school toys :panic:

Fingers crossed!

Cazz
25-04-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm in Norfolk and you don't get the start-up grant around here anymore, but the First Aid and ICP courses are free.

Question along these lines - I have't had my pre-reg yet but starting courses next week. If I start buying a few toys/equipment now and keep my receipts can I claim back for any of the cost (if so how much?) at a later date when I am up and running or do you have to wait until you are registered etc for this?

Tatia
25-04-2008, 12:16 PM
We get NCMA or MM insurance, NCMA membership, ICP, First Aid and any health and safety receipts reibursed. Pretty generous really.

louise2778
25-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Question along these lines - I have't had my pre-reg yet but starting courses next week. If I start buying a few toys/equipment now and keep my receipts can I claim back for any of the cost (if so how much?) at a later date when I am up and running or do you have to wait until you are registered etc for this?[/QUOTE]

Hi Cazz, we seem to think alike as a few of our posts have been quite similar.

I was going to ask the same question. I hope we can, some one should be along soon to tell us :D

Mollymop
25-04-2008, 01:15 PM
I never saw my start up grant, it paid for all the courses (icp, first aid, info evenings) , doctors payment for health declaration and NCMA membership, toolkit and insurance.
I never actually got any actual money in my hand to buy what i needed, etc.
I have only just become registered so this is up to date for my county of Cambridge X

Mollymop
25-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I hope I get one, I really need to get some pre-school toys :panic:

Fingers crossed!

Louise, pop into your local charity shops, I do this all the time. I needed lots of baby toys and now I have way too many. I manage to buy so much for only a few pounds.

mum2two
25-04-2008, 05:38 PM
I think our area is very generous on this front. Like I said before, still get the NCMA start up pack, £175 for equip, and you pay £35 a year, and ALL courses are provided. (for the first year you don't have to pay the £35.)

We are very lucky by the sounds of it!

Kelly x

jordanann
26-04-2008, 04:46 PM
Found out we dont get start-up grant in my area. But on the plus side do get NCMA membership & insurance and ICP & first aid are funded so not done too bad really.

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

miffy
26-04-2008, 05:14 PM
At least you get something - good luck

miffy xx