PDA

View Full Version : D DAY CONFIRMED

braichey
04-04-2011, 03:08 PM
Hi, mrs o rang today and is coming on friday 10am for pre reg visit:eek: :eek: ....ahhhhhhh!
panic stations!! Think im gonna ask my friend to have my kids on thurs pm so i can swot up and do final checks etc. Everyone says dont worry on here but it doesnt stop you!! You have all been very helpful though, many thanks.xx

fieryleo1984
04-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Good luck mine is tomorrow, im so scared! I dont know if I have everything ready, Does MRS O expect me to have all RA completed and a whole portfolio?

Emma x

braichey
04-04-2011, 03:54 PM
no, i hope not. she just asked me if id done any ra on the phone and i said i had done some so shell probably go thro anything i missed or change stuff. i have most policies so should be ok for those but most stuff i need to get into my head as i read it ages ago so need a refresh. Am advised to be hot on safeguarding so i printed some stuff off nspcc site aswell as ofsted. She sounded nice, called xx from xx. fingers crossed.

Goodluck, let me know how you got on.

sarah707
04-04-2011, 05:05 PM
No, inspectors don't expect you to be totally ready!

Just to have a good knowledge of the Eyfs and what needs to be done.

have a read through your pre-reg booklet so you are aware of the questions and have a go at answering them.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :D

miffy
04-04-2011, 05:08 PM
Good luck on Friday - I'm sure you'll be fine.

Don't forget the inspector is there to answer any questions you have too.

Miffy xx

Blackcat
06-04-2011, 09:17 PM
good luck hun xxxx

missymood
06-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Good luck
They are there to help you out so please do not worry:thumbsup:

braichey
08-04-2011, 12:58 PM
WOOHOO its over, she has been and was very nice and casual. Asked informally about situations, what i thought and flicked through my folder of paperwork. A few actions, new fence all along one side of garden, lock on my garage door and film on my glass doors which was all going to be done or on order but had to document so thats fine and a fire safety check from fire brigade as i have a loft conversion to a play room. Gave her a couple of questions she couldnt answer too, lol:thumbsup: so is gonna ring me later when investigated.
And breathe....till my inspection.....sooooo not looking forward to that, hate having to fight my corner and prove everything.

keeks
08-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Well done, feels good once it's over isn't it! :D

xx

kittyzcool
14-04-2011, 03:17 PM
No, inspectors don't expect you to be totally ready!

Just to have a good knowledge of the Eyfs and what needs to be done.

have a read through your pre-reg booklet so you are aware of the questions and have a go at answering them.

Good luck! Let us know how you get on :D

Hi I have my pre-reg visit on monday, I have done my first aid course and attended a pre-reg seminar run by NCMA and Ofsted now have all my CRB forms etc back but I have never heard of this Pre-reg booklet with questions in it. Where can I get one - could I view it on-line as its too late to get one before Monday now?

Any help would be great thanks