PDA

View Full Version : What goes in a LJ

EllaP
04-04-2011, 08:21 AM
Me again. Im confused again. What exactly goes in a learning journey. Im reading stuff about all about me page, what is that?? All i have so far is obs and pics. What else do i put in these files???

Thanx E x

Pipsqueak
04-04-2011, 09:11 AM
An all about me sheet/document is also the 'starting points' and its questions that you get the parents to answer about the child - information that is handy for you as a stranger to the child to know.

What goes in my LJ's:

contract, personal documentation, attendance sheet(s), accident/medication/incident sheets

art work
photos and obs
short obs
development matters sheets
termly summary sheets
comments from the child/parent
photos the child has taken, drawings

individual planning

hth:D

Mollymop
04-04-2011, 09:42 AM
Put in what you wish, I keep their artwork, photos, obs, routines, their individual planning, parent questionnaires, reports etc

I keep other info such as contract, about the child forms, register of attendence, etc confidential in a seperate place

EllaP
04-04-2011, 09:59 AM
Thank you ladies im finding it all so confusing! I know my inspection will be soon and havent been minding long so need to get my head around it all !x:panic:

Pipsqueak
04-04-2011, 10:03 AM
Its about finding a system that works for you hun. :)

Sara T
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi,

Ive had two mindees since Jan and have got the basics for mine but am in the process of putting it together.

I have a folder for each child and Im planning to do it on my computer ( as my writing is fairly pants!)

I am planning to do a word doc and add the pic in with the observation and what it means ( re: development etc) and put the print out in a plastic wallet in the folder.

Ive been taking pics and writing short obs with the plan of putting it officially in the LJ's with the main obs of interest ( as Ive taken loads of pics!!)

I can then add to it as we go along and include pics they have done, hand prints, pics and anything of interest.

On a recent Obs course I went on it was suggested that it is a 'special book/ folder/ record' that the child could look back on to see how they developed during their time with you.

wow moments etc

Im laminating a pic to stick on the front of the folder too.

Ill also put in planning for next steps for that child based on their interests at that time.

I too keep my contracts/ attendance etc in a separate place as that is more confidential and I think Ofsted may request those docs are kept in separate place due to data protection etc

hope that helps

sara :)

Hayley102
14-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Hi

I have an All about me booklet that the parents fill in before they start with me. (Info about family, likes & dislikes and what they can do/current routines etc) I then have artwork, observations with next steps, individual plans/targets and summative reports.