PDA

View Full Version : Fire drill log

Tatia
24-04-2008, 01:55 PM
'ello, 'ello (hah, when I was 13 and looking as if I'd live in The States forever, my friends and I were proper little anglo-philes and had raging fever for various members of Duran Duran and used to say or write 'ello to each other - we were insufferable, I'm sure!:rolleyes: My husband, a lovely Englishman himself, would cut his tongue out before dropping his Hs!)

Anyway, I am currently working on a fire drill log and wondered what info everyone else jots down? I have been seriously slapdash about this in the past and though we do fire drills (cos the kids love them) I do not always write it down.

I am thinking date and time of drill, place of fire (like I usually will alternate and say fire in back of house or fire in front of house so we practice both exits), length of time it took to get out and then a place for evaluation - how'd it go. Was it smooth or were there any issues that need worked on? Does anyone add any other info, perhaps like names, ages or numbers of children participating?

sarah707
24-04-2008, 02:00 PM
Date / time / children involved / adults present / where you exited / fire alarm checked and working / how it went...

Especially how it went... I did one earlier today and a 3 year old refused to go out of the conservatory door onto the flagstones in socks as it was wet... now I think he's going to be diagnosed with something in a year or so but for now it's a serious issue....

So, from now on his mum will have to send slippers. :D

miffy
24-04-2008, 02:13 PM
All that Sarah says - I also put age of children and whether they were able to get out by themselves or if this slowed us down plus any recommendations for next one

miffy xx

miffy
24-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Just re-read - and approx how long it took us to get out

miffy xx

Tatia
24-04-2008, 02:16 PM
Fantastic, thanks ladies.:thumbsup:

Mollymop
24-04-2008, 03:23 PM
ello, ello :laughing:

Tatia