PDA

View Full Version : How should i record RA for regular outings?

rainbowwarrior
03-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Hi
As I understand it, i can have a Daily Checks Procedure and then just write in my diary each day e.g. DC 'tick'????

And for one off outings, like the zoo, i would do a full, separate RA????

But what about the regular trips to the soft play and the library?
Do i do one and just write in my diary that i followed my existing RA? I dont see any RA Templates that have a column for subsequent visit dates. And what if you take different children, or take the car one day and walk another????????

I've read the other threads and they are helpful but dont exactlyanswer my questions.
All help really appreciated

Mollymop
03-04-2011, 02:18 PM
For each different outing you need to write up a risk assessment.
Not one for each outing but on for each different outing and update it as you need to.
I have a riask assessment for each park i visit, for the tot group, for the school run, for the play area (soft play we visit)
I review and update it as I need to - for example there was an incident, or a new piece of equipment, a new route, etc

hth ?

TheBTeam
03-04-2011, 03:35 PM
I have risk assessments for each type of outing and then state that i only record following one if it relates to a non routine outing, so if i do something once in a blue moon i follow and record the relevant ra, however if it is something i do on a regular basis i will only record the first time.