PDA

View Full Version : accreditation help please

desiderata
31-03-2011, 09:37 AM
I have asked my Development worker since last October about accreditation and she got me to answer the questions from the Equisp book three weeks ago and I have not had a response from her about them yet but another couple of minders have said you have to do a folder about yourself and your setting but didnt give me any more details. I am not asking for peoples work just an idea of the things I have to put in so I can make a start otherwise this is gonna be a long journey. Any info would be gratefully received so that I can get myself sorted. Thank youx

Penny1959
31-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Sorry - although I am an ex network coordinator / DO - different system used in my area so I can not offer any help.

Many areas have different systems - and even when the same - there are local differences in requirements.

You may be lucky and someone on here from same are able to help but my advice would be to badge your DO until you get a response.

However remember lots of LA staff losing their jobs this week as end of financial year and budget cuts taking effect - so may not get a response straight away.

Penny :)

The Juggler
31-03-2011, 12:07 PM
i don't think any of us will be able to become accredited now, if our DO's go there will be no network:(

desiderata
31-03-2011, 12:09 PM
Ooops I didnt think about that aspect of it did Ixx Better wait to see what happensx Thanks for your repliesx

sarah707
31-03-2011, 05:53 PM
Every area has different hoops through which childminders have to jump...

I think you are best asking your local people.

Good luck :D

venus89
31-03-2011, 05:55 PM
On the other hand I'm losing my DO :( but keeping my network coordinator :)

So there may still be networks.....

The Juggler
01-04-2011, 06:38 AM
On the other hand I'm losing my DO :( but keeping my network coordinator :)

So there may still be networks.....

we only have one person for solely childminding. there is another DO but she does nurseries so not the best person to be CM network co-ordinator- that is if either of them stay - we haven't heard yet :(