PDA

View Full Version : I AM REALLY PROUD OF MYSELF

angeldelight
31-03-2011, 07:28 AM
For those of you that know me you will know that all the time we have been members here I have struggled with my weight

I have been on a diet thats never lasted more than 2 days and I am always starting a new one every week but it never happens :eek:

Well I am happy to say that almost 2 weeks ago I got up and just decided that it was the day that I was going to diet .... there was no planning or anything I just did it ( I have done it before years ago so know I can do it too )

I have stuck to it I am shocked at myself

I have even gone on the strider every single night too

I know 2 weeks might not mean anything but to me its a lot and I dont want to come back next week and say I have failed because I really really want to do this

I think I am going to need support though

I am doing it myself I have done classes etc in the past and I really have not got time to do that - they are all miles away anyway

So low fat and low cals for me and its the way I lost about 4 stone before

So if anyone has any ideas please can you let me know

Angel xx

sarah707
31-03-2011, 09:00 AM
:clapping: Well done you! That is brilliant!

Just look at everything you eat and ask yourself... will this food help me to get where I want to be? Am I making a good choice?

Go for it! :jump for joy:

mayberry
31-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Well done, That is brilliant! :clapping: :clapping:

Dawn xxx

Susana0600
01-04-2011, 09:13 PM
Water, drink plenty water, at the beginning maybe you will feel sick, but after 2 week more or less will help you, you will not feel to hungry at meal times and will help you to stay hidrated, let us know how are you doing, Oh another tip eat small portions and for snacks fruits :)

angeldelight
01-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Water, drink plenty water, at the beginning maybe you will feel sick, but after 2 week more or less will help you, you will not feel to hungry at meal times and will help you to stay hidrated, let us know how are you doing, Oh another tip eat small portions and for snacks fruits :)

Thanks for the tips

I only drink water though its the only drink that I do like :laughing:

I drink lots and lots of it - think thats why I am up all night going to the toilet ha ha

Are you doing on with your diet ?

Angel xx

Susana0600
01-04-2011, 09:46 PM
I don't follow an specific diet, but i try to eat very healthy, no fizzy drinks, just plain water, some days even 4 lt of it :), breakfast cereal, and lunch vegetables and cheese (love cheese) and dinner most of the time vegetables, rice or potatoes and some meat on the oven, and and and plenty exercices, pilates, yoga, spinning and running, right now not puting on weight just mainteining, but it's lots of efforts because of my thiroides. But I would like to loose some weight around 4 kilos, well I see if i can do it :thumbsup:

angeldelight
04-04-2011, 11:46 AM
Good luck Susan

I am on week 3 now and still doing ok

Angel xx

Polly2
04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
WELL DONE ANGEL :clapping: alwasy making sure I get my 5 a day helps me to keep weight off :thumbsup:

little miss chatterbox
04-04-2011, 12:13 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: well done Angel! You should be rightly proud of yourself too!

Good luck, keep us posted, we'll be with you all the way!

charleyfarley
04-04-2011, 12:19 PM
Well done Angel, I am so proud of you, you are doing so well :clapping: :clapping:

I'm finding hard due to caring for a baby now, I think I need to plan my food for the next day the night before so I don't grab something quick is this what you do?

Carol xx

Weeze1979
04-04-2011, 12:59 PM
Well done Angel! :clapping: Keep it up!

The only tips I have for you would be....

Never EVER go shopping when you are hungry, always eat first!

Keep things in your fridge, like already chopped up fruit, that you can pick on when you want a snack:cool:

Drink a glass of water before your meal, it will make you feel fuller

Plan your dinners in advance (helps with shopping too, don't buy unecessary things!)

Eat slowly, chew every single mouthful and savour every minute - as if it was your last meal!:p

Have a clothing goal...... something that doesnt fit you yet that you want to get into (mine is my wedding dress!!!! lol :panic: :panic: :panic: )

Dont stop eating treats completely, just have smaller amounts less often.

If you can bear it, put 'before' picture of you inside the crisps/biscuits/sweets cupboard, a good reminder!

Good luck! :thumbsup: :D

ajs
04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
well done i am very proud of you, like you i could never diet and slowly rose to over 11 and a half stone and a size 16 ( not me at all)
i am comfortable at 10.5 stone and a 14
so i started going to slimming world and the gym or classes at least 2 x a week
i have lost 12lbs now in 12 weeks and i know it's not much but for me it's fantastic and also i am back down to a 14 and no in the 10 stone band again.

the down side is that i never thought i'd get there so sent all my smaller clothes to the charity and have spent this morning lookign for my old clothes in the charity shop i sent them to as i need a dress for saturday

Andrea08
04-04-2011, 01:17 PM
:clapping: well done hun keep it up, set your goal and go for it :thumbsup:

The Juggler
04-04-2011, 01:29 PM
well done you! my tips are:

really limit your rice, pasta, pots etc
limit your dairy intake
avoid sweets, fizzy drink and junkfood but if you need something sweet or a snack have some dark chocolate or small amount of nuts.

LOOPYLISA
04-04-2011, 01:35 PM
Well done you x :clapping:

miss mopple
04-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Well done Angel, thats fab :clapping:

You really do have to be in the right mind set to diet effectively and it s sounds like you are there :thumbsup:

My tip- sugar free jelly! great for those sweet craving moments.

Good luck- you can get there :clapping: :clapping:

Carol M
04-04-2011, 06:25 PM
Well done Angel :thumbsup:
My only tip...... Lay off the booze..... but you don't have that problem like me:blush:
I just can't seem to diet in the winter! I'm a fair weather dieter :laughing:
Carol xx

mayberry
05-04-2011, 04:55 AM
Well done Angel!!!! Keep it up! I new you could do it so proud of you :clapping:

Dawn xx

jelly15
05-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Well done Angel, you sound like me at the beginning of this year. I woke up on Jan 10th and just started a diet of 1400 cals a day and started walking for an hour a day. I have no lost 2 stone, still another 3 to go but I am very determinrd which is unusaul for me.

ORKSIE
05-04-2011, 07:16 AM
Good luck Angel.
No advise here, cos I am rubbish at diets....but good luck, you will get loads of support from us:thumbsup:

xx