angeldelight
29-03-2011, 09:33 PM
I am looking for a change from the curry that I usually make

Do any of you have any nice recipes that you have tried and tested

Something that is nice with chicken or beef

Angel xx

The Juggler
29-03-2011, 09:51 PM
we have a lovely healthy one we do, from Floyds India book. It's the Chicken Murgh?? I think in the book if you have it.

It's basically, lots of fresh tomatoes, a tin of, red onion, garlic, fresh ginger, chiles - I think some curry powder then fresh coriander and garam masala a the end.

We usually put some spinach in at the end too. So very healthy -well apart fro the rice, naan and sides we have with it :laughing: :laughing:

can pm the recipe if you like!

angeldelight
29-03-2011, 09:57 PM
we have a lovely healthy one we do, from Floyds India book. It's the Chicken Murgh?? I think in the book if you have it.

It's basically, lots of fresh tomatoes, a tin of, red onion, garlic, fresh ginger, chiles - I think some curry powder then fresh coriander and garam masala a the end.

We usually put some spinach in at the end too. So very healthy -well apart fro the rice, naan and sides we have with it :laughing: :laughing:

can pm the recipe if you like!

That sounds yummy

Yes please when you have time will you send me the recipe

Thank you

Angel xx

mayberry
30-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Can you send me the recipe to Please, thank you
Dawn xx

jamiebec2000
30-03-2011, 05:48 AM
I have a nice Kashmir reciepe,

800g Chicken
300ml water or chicken stock
2 small white onions finely chopped up
2 tsp ginger puree
2 tsp garlic puree
2 tsp tumeric powder
4 tsp Mild curry powder
1/4 tsp chilli powder (optional) ~ I use it
2 tsp Garam Masala Powder
4 egg yolks mixed with 200 ml coconut cream
200 ml single cream
100ml Natural Yogurt
1 tbs tomato puree
slices of banana (we have used Mango before) caramelised, in sugar and cooked in a dry pan.

Serves 4 ~ id say more like 6
pour oil into a large saucepan bring to a medium heat. Add onions and reduce to a low heat. Cook gently and slowly until they turn a pale golden brown colour.
Make a paste of the ginger, garlic, tumeric, chilli, and curry powder with a little water. Add to the saucepan and stir in well for a couple of mins.
Now add chicken and stir in well.
Add coconut cream and egg mixture
Mix the cream, yogurt and tom puree together in a jug with the water/stock and pour into saucepan and mix well turn up heat until it starts to simmer and leave to simmer for 15-20 mins
Finally sprinkle in the garam masala and stir well for the final 2 mins of cooking. Garnish with sliced caramelised bananas.

Enjoy with rice and Nann bread :clapping:

im hungry now :blush:

I forgot to say on ww pro points for 6 servings this recipe works out at 9 points just for the curry, enjoy x

The Juggler
30-03-2011, 06:29 AM
That sounds yummy

Yes please when you have time will you send me the recipe

Thank you

Angel xx

will post later today hon x

Roseolivia
30-03-2011, 07:29 AM
I have your address Angel so i'll copy some slimming world ones and post them to you, do you like chilli as i have an excellent Nigella one which uses chocolate

spowage
30-03-2011, 08:41 AM
i do tandorri chicken very quick and easy and kids love it !in fact thats on the menu tonight !

The Juggler
30-03-2011, 04:45 PM
right here we go. a really tasty and healthy chicken curry. You are supposed to make with chicken on the bone but we usually use cubed chicken breasts.

MURGH MASALA
============

oil OR ghee (depends how healthy you want)
2 rd onions
4 or 5 red tomas chooped
1 whole chicken or equivalent (to serve 4)
pinch salt
1 teaspoon brown sugar
handful of chopped fresh coriander (i keep my bunch in the freezer and crunch what I want in each time)
1 teaspoon garam masala

MALASA INGREDIENTS
1 or 2 greenchhilles chopped
2 cloves garlic chopped
1 inch f root ginger peeled and grated
1/2 taspoon ground turmeric
1/2 teaspoon chili powder (leave out or exchange for the chilles if you don't like too hot).

- Mix the masala ingredients together in a bown with no liquid
- heat oil and saute onions until brown
- stir in tomatoes and cook gently until there is a rich inion and tomato
gravy, asdd the masala ingredients and stir (it's nice if you use a hand
blender at this stage too.
- stir in chicken and cook gently until any liquid that comes from the meat is
absorbed into the gravy. continue cooking until mixture is thick/dryish

Season with salt, add sugar and cover chicken with water. Brign to boil then simmer gently until chicken is cooked.

Before serving sprinkle with chopped coriander and the garam masala (we sometimes add spinach at this point to make a saag dish).

Enjoy!

Graham
30-03-2011, 05:02 PM
This is Pauline's recipe and I think its fabulous.

-----------------

Home Made Chicken Curry

I make this curry paste to my own recipe, it's cheaper than shop bought jars and you know exactly what has gone into it, especially what sort of oil - it's a medium curry flavour, if you want it hotter add more chilli.

You could add other meats or vegetables of your choice - you would need to adjust cooking times though.

Ingredients:

* 3 chicken breasts - cubed
* 1 onion - chopped
* 1 red or green pepper sliced (optional)
* 1 portion of home made curry paste (see below)
* 1 large (14 oz) can tinned plum tomatoes - chopped - to chop them just chop with a sharp knife while still in tin.
* 150g Basmati Rice
* quarter tsp of turmeric powder if you want yellow rice (optional)
* 1 tsp salt
* 3 tbsp Olive Oil

Home made curry paste:

* 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
* Quarter tsp each of - Turmeric, Corriander, Cumin, Paprika, Cayenne powders.
* 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
* 1 tsp 'lazy chilli' This is available in a jar from most supermarkets, it is good as it keeps well and you don't get the chilli on your fingers! if not available use one finely chopped red chilli)
* 1Tbsp Tomato Puree
* Enough Olive Oil to mix to a paste

Method:

Mix all the curry paste ingredients into a paste using olive oil, it should be a thick paste.

Fry the chopped onion and pepper (if used) in the olive oil until onion is golden.

Add the curry paste to the onion and peppers in the pan and mix well, then add the chicken cubes and stir fry until sealed.

stir in the tin of tomatoes

Bring to the boil, stir, then simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked.

Bring a large pan of water to the boil so that is it ready approx. 10 minutes before the end of the curry time (need not be exact as the curry will keep warm)

Add the basmati rice, turmeric (if used) and salt to the pan and bring back to the boil, stir, simmer for approx. 10 mins or until the rice is cooked to your liking.

Serve curry and rice with naan bread - cold or warmed under grill.

nicoleon
30-03-2011, 05:17 PM
i've got a nice recipe for a veggie balti which the kids love and the tons of veg are completely unrecognisable so even the fussiest of the fussy eat it all up without having a clue how healthy it is :thumbsup: It's for the slow cooker as well so super easy, i'll try and dig it out.

loocyloo
30-03-2011, 08:46 PM
i do tandorri chicken very quick and easy and kids love it !in fact thats on the menu tonight !

ooo, i'd like the recipe for that please :D

and i can't do multi quotes! but a recipe for veg balti would be good!

my friend gave me a copy of a recipe for a chicken biryani from good food magazine that is yummy ( and easy! ). i can't get it to attach, so if you PM your email, i'll send it to you!

xxx

Twinkles
30-03-2011, 08:49 PM
i've got a nice recipe for a veggie balti which the kids love and the tons of veg are completely unrecognisable so even the fussiest of the fussy eat it all up without having a clue how healthy it is :thumbsup: It's for the slow cooker as well so super easy, i'll try and dig it out.

I'm needing that one please :D

angeldelight
30-03-2011, 09:47 PM

Oh what do we need for that then ?

Sounds scrummy

Angel xx

mayberry
31-03-2011, 05:25 AM
thanks for shareing they look great:clapping: :clapping:

Dawn xx

angeldelight
31-03-2011, 07:23 AM
thanks for shareing they look great:clapping: :clapping:

Dawn xx

Yes thank you

I agree they do look great

Feel hungry already ha ha

Angel xx

angeldelight
20-04-2011, 07:32 AM
Thank you for all of the ideas

Juggler and Graham I tried your curry and they were very yummy

Thank you

:clapping: :clapping:

Angel xx

The Juggler
20-04-2011, 07:52 AM

Thank you

Angel xx

:D glad you enjoyed - it's one of my faves :thumbsup:

Graham
21-04-2011, 07:57 AM

Thank you

Angel xx

Glad you liked it, we are going to try some of the ones on this thread too.