PDA

View Full Version : Just Realised

erinjane
28-03-2011, 06:56 AM
Some of you may have read my thread on sat about my "unanounced ofsted visit on thursday" because of a complaint!!! :angry:
Well I just realised she asked to look at the garden where my children play! I was busy doing work in the garden anyhow but showed her it non the less and I also told her only over 8s play out there as none of my other mindees are mobile! as they are 6 months 1 year and 3 months old (I do not have these all at the same time!....So I was wondering, Can she really comment on my garden if it is only over 8s and my own children that play in it??
I also remembered that When I registered I lived elsewere and at the time I never put my garden on my registration as I was busy having it fenced when she came!! So I wasnt even registered for garden play!!
I know there was defo aspects of the garden that she is going to put on a action list as my hubby was doing work in there for hes other business when she came and he had stuff lieing all over the place.. but if there is no under 8s using it, then what can she say!! can they really action anything??

Erin xx

sarah707
28-03-2011, 07:10 AM
Yes Ofsted can look at anything connected with childminding and give you actions if they do not feel it is right.

Even if you aren't looking after appropriately aged children you have to keep your house in a state of readiness to comply with your registration.

Plus your house & garden have to comply with the requirements of the Childcare Register as well as the Eyfs at all times while you are registered.

Hth :D

erinjane
28-03-2011, 07:15 AM
Yes Ofsted can look at anything connected with childminding and give you actions if they do not feel it is right.

Even if you aren't looking after appropriately aged children you have to keep your house in a state of readiness to comply with your registration.

Plus your house & garden have to comply with the requirements of the Childcare Register as well as the Eyfs at all times while you are registered.

Hth :D

Hi sarah, Thanks for that...My garden is not on my registration and not used by under 8s, also maybe you can tell me as she didnt reakly explain what an actions letter ment.. are they really bad and do they affect your registration? even if the things on their had nothing to do with the complaint?
thankyou
erinxxx

Hebs
28-03-2011, 07:19 AM
erin you'll be fine

they'll list what they want done, give you a time scale and them possibly come back after that to check (might do your inspection then too) x

erinjane
28-03-2011, 07:23 AM
Its chipping away at me! :panic: :panic: XX

Minstrel
28-03-2011, 09:44 AM
It will help if your paperwork corresponded with the work going on in the garden at the time of her coming,

For instance the day before my inspection last winter we had gale force winds and a fence panal blew out. DH needed to wait for his brother to come over at the weekend to help put it back in so in the meantime i updated my RA to say that whilst the panal out there would be no garden use without strict supervision (ie usually i let the big ones go out after school whilst i gave the babies their tea).

Inspector was absolutely fine with this and it was even mentioned on my report.