PDA

View Full Version : Help with Business Plan SWOT!

Weeze1979
27-03-2011, 08:33 PM
Evening All!

I am in the middle of completing the CYPOP 5 Course and am stumped on the business plan!

I know nothing about doing Business Plans so did a bit of researching and came accross a template I liked. It said that a good plan would include a SWOT analysis, one for the business side and one personal.

I have no problem finding things to say for the strengths and weaknesses for each, but am sooooo stuck at 'Opportunities' and 'Threats'!

I know its going to need to be personal to me and the service I am going to be providing, but I could really do with any hints or pointers to get me started?

To summarise, in case I wasnt clear.....

What business Opportunities and Threats might I have?

What personal Opportunities and Threats might I incur?

Thankyou in advance!!
(am posting this in the training bit too, hope that ok!)

Pauline
27-03-2011, 09:33 PM
(am posting this in the training bit too, hope that ok!)

It is best not to double post as it gets a bit confusing with people replying to both posts and some to only one, but don't worry you will get lots of replies I am sure :thumbsup:

sarah707
28-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Ah I looked at this when I wrote my business plan mini e-book... let me think.

Business threats are things like other childminders in the local area, nurseries, pre-schools, whether there are enough children to go round, the Government reducing tax credits ...

Personal threats include your health, your family and their response to your new job, own children who might take up spaces.

It really does need to be personal to you though so think around my examples.

Hth :D

Weeze1979
28-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Apologies Pauline, I wasn't sure :)

Thankyou ever so much Sarah, that has helped me quite a bit! :D