PDA

View Full Version : Am I missing anything? ....

Dawnbhh1982
26-03-2011, 01:59 PM
Hi ladies (& gents),

Right so, I've applied to Ofsted for the Early Years Register and have got the CRB & identity verification forms through for myself & my fiancee.

I am halfway through my ICP and have got my First Aid at the start of April.

My mum (ex childminder) will be registered as my assistant so am filling out the forms for her too. Do I list her as an employee or get her to register as self employed?

Almost written all my policies and starting my risk assessments next. Toys & books almost ready. Garden being sorted within next few weeks. Buggies & car seats (+ new people carrier!) sorted. Folders for portfolio and EYFS persnal folders getting sorted too.

Am I misisng something or am I almost there? When can I start to advertise? Working full time so have to do a months notice - is this going to cause massive problems for me?

Advice ladies (& gents of course) please x ;)

theonebeachbum
27-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Wow! Sounds like you are really ahead of the game!

The only thing I think you also need to do is food hygiene, and safeguarding - but I'm not sure if they are mandatory these days..

As for your mum, I don't know why I'm thinking it but I *think* she would be better off registering as self employed, otherwise you might be responsible for paying her NI contributions etc, but I might be totally wrong there, I'm sure someone else can advice you better on that.

But well done, you are streets ahead of me!

Tobb x

Dawnbhh1982
07-05-2011, 06:11 PM
Thanks, am trying to persuade her to be self employed but the tax return is scaring her!!