PDA

View Full Version : Risk assessment for my dog help

danielly124
25-03-2011, 02:28 PM
Hi guys can anyone help with a risk assessment for a dog I've been told I need one many thanks

Pipsqueak
25-03-2011, 05:44 PM
RA - well you know your doggy best

but think about food and water bowls
where the dog will sleep/rest

does the child have access to the above

how are you going to keep the child safe with the dog and vice versa - the steps that you will take

note vaccinations and regular treatments/vets visits

where does the dog toilet - it is where a child plays - how are you going to make safe this area?

and so on....

BuggsieMoo
25-03-2011, 07:04 PM
RA - well you know your doggy best

but think about food and water bowls
where the dog will sleep/rest

does the child have access to the above

how are you going to keep the child safe with the dog and vice versa - the steps that you will take

note vaccinations and regular treatments/vets visits

where does the dog toilet - it is where a child plays - how are you going to make safe this area?

and so on....

Ive got one that is pretty much the same and also a line that states at no time will your child be left alone with the dog.

Mine are kept in my kitchen behind a 6 foot (2 child gates one upside down) and have a fenced off area in the garden that is cleaned twice daily of dogs mess and the kids know not to go there. I also informed my insurance company. x

Deb
25-03-2011, 09:17 PM
I dont have a dog policy, I do have a dog. Ofsted came in February and never mentioned having a policy for the dog. It is included in things like the general house assessment, garden assessment, individual child assessments tho.

danielly124
26-03-2011, 10:52 AM
thanks guys x