PDA

View Full Version : HAS ANYONE HERE DONE THE LEVEL 3 CYPOP5??

itsmummytoyou
24-03-2011, 10:27 PM
I am sooo lost!

I need to complete task 9 "Describe typical behaviors exhibited by children linked to their stage of development and key events in their lives"

The trouble is...I don't know where to start! Does "behaviors" cover things like crying in a newborn and learning to roll for a 4-6mth old, or are these not "behaviors",...more skills/actions?

ANY GUIDANCE MUCH APPRECIATED!

thank you so much in advance!

onceinabluemoon
25-03-2011, 07:09 AM
Sorry I have only just stated the diploma so cannot help you on the question, however could I suggest you repost it in the training and courses section as it may be more likely to be seen there. :)

Have you read Meggit's book Child development? I've found it quite useful for CD, and you may find it useful for your course.

Good luck x

christine e
25-03-2011, 07:59 AM
Not got any experience of this qualification but I wuld be thinking along the lines of separation, starting school, learning to share, using reins/holding hands, not harming other children (smacking/biting), throwing sand etc etc

Cx

mummyMia
25-03-2011, 01:37 PM
Here's a brief outiline of what I wrote, not sure if it is what they wanted or not but I passed the unit :)

Babies:
Can't communicate feelings verbally, use crying, smiling, laughing, babbling and gestures as their means of communication
They are not naughty, simply cry because their needs are not met, for example:
- hungry or needing a cuddle
- suffering separation anxiety
- have short attention spans and get tired easily
- become frustrated if physical unable to do certain things

Young children up to 3 years:
Are able to communicate more effectively and are learning to talk.
May still not be able to express themselves fully and may become frustrated. They are still likely to cry but will also shout, scream, have temper tantrums or sulk. May behave badly when:
- tired or hungry
- feeling jealous
- finding it hard to adjust to a new setting
As their communication skills improve they will learn to understand that they can't always have what they want.

Also wrote a few paragraphs about how the arrival of a new sibling or the frustration of starting potty training too early can lead to bad behaviour.

Hope that helps!

anja jacobsen
25-03-2011, 02:55 PM
hi I completed and passed the cypop5 in january. Task 9. there are 6 ages and 6 typical behaviours 0-11 month, 8-20 month, 16-26 month, 22-36 month,30-50 month nand 40-60 month.
1) personal,social and emotional development
2) communication, language and literacy
3) problem solving, reasoning and numeracy
4) knowledge and understanding of the world
5) Physical development
6) creative development

You need to give examples for each age with each typical behaviour. The EYFS practice guidance for the early years foundation stage that you can download page 22-114 will help you a lot. My answear was 9 pages long.

Good luck

marlee1986
25-03-2011, 08:37 PM
ncma sell the book to help with the cypop5 its 15.99 i think n gives u all the answers n wht pages to find it on. if u dnt want to buy it check ur local library :) xx

onceinabluemoon
25-03-2011, 09:30 PM
ncma sell the book to help with the cypop5 its 15.99 i think n gives u all the answers n wht pages to find it on. if u dnt want to buy it check ur local library :) xx

Do you have a title and author please?

Littlebiffa
01-04-2011, 08:01 PM
I am doing this course and it is taking me forever :(

I believe the book mentioned is called 'Home Based Childcare for childminders and nannies' by Sheila Riddall-Leech.

Good luck

kell123
03-05-2011, 09:31 PM
can anyone help me on task 9 explain how ground rules for behaviour and expectations are devloped and implemented? please need help only 1 more task after this.