PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of guidance please

legohead
24-03-2011, 08:12 AM
I have been a childminder for many years but had a break for 3 years

I decided to pick up the reins once again but all the paperwork and systems have changed,my house passes and my methods are sound but its the paperwork which is not up to new standard :blush:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for forms such as
Risk assesment
parental contract
medical and photographic permission
I have found a template of a childs journal which looks really great to use it seems you add to it as the child grows and develops

Any help would be a godsend .......................Bet:)

swindonminder
24-03-2011, 09:37 AM
Hi Bet,

I have found these site's very helpful for all forms, risk assessment examples etc.

www.bromleycma.org.uk/

www.triochildcare.co.uk/

Hope they help

Emma

legohead
24-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Hi Emma thanks for that I will give them a look:)

legohead
24-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi I have looked at all the forms and do you use these as they are or do you adapt them for your own use ......ie: retype and add or delete sections that do not apply :confused:
The reason I ask is I do not provde some of the services which are stated on the forms .......car journeys etc...............bet:)

Penny1959
24-03-2011, 12:21 PM
With all forms you should adapt to meet the needs of your setting. Just use the ones on websites as an idea - something to get you started.

If you have one ask your development worker / childminding coordinator for help.

NCMA also do some sample ones that have just been updated.

Penny :)

christine e
24-03-2011, 12:26 PM
I use the risk assessments sheets on this site

http://www.southglos.gov.uk/NR/exeres/16797559-1d91-4110-a118-346a6545d42d

there is lots of other stuff there two just take a look at the links on the right had side

Cx

Polly2
24-03-2011, 12:29 PM
ncma downloads here: http://www.*************/childminders/your_business/policies_and_procedures/sample_policies_for_members.aspx

legohead
24-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Thanks everyone that makes life a tad easier my house set up is fine it was just the documentation which was a bit lacking:blush:

Ohh and I must get used to the new terminoligy .........setting ......mindee's etc.:rolleyes: