PDA

View Full Version : car insurance

nicola1981
23-03-2011, 12:10 PM
hello

ive been trying to get quotes for car insurance and they are all coming back very expensive over 500 more than i am paying now.

my issue is i have only had my car for 6 months so as yet dont have any ncb even tho ive been insured on my husbands car for 5 years.

we are selling the main family car and i have done quotes in my husbands name for business use with me as a named driver for childminding and they quote is reasonable ..... is this allowed?

i have stated that i will be the owner and keeper and main driver of the car

help pls

nicoleon
23-03-2011, 12:26 PM
Try Morton Michel or call an insurance broker as they will beat any online quotes you do. I use Coversure, they are very helpful and always beat anything I can find anywhere else :thumbsup: Insurance for travelling with kids every day is quite a lot higher than social 7 domestic though...

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2011, 12:34 PM
Have a look at Churchill insurance and put your partner down as the main driver and you as additional. You will earn your own ncb as the years go on and they don't charge anymore for business use

Chatterbox Childcare
23-03-2011, 12:37 PM
got to give it a go and with an age 3+ I can see an expense claim coming on!! PE lessons :D

nicola1981
23-03-2011, 12:51 PM
Try Morton Michel or call an insurance broker as they will beat any online quotes you do. I use Coversure, they are very helpful and always beat anything I can find anywhere else :thumbsup: Insurance for travelling with kids every day is quite a lot higher than social 7 domestic though...

I have and MM came back at 850 ive also tried a broker yesterday, MM said once i have 1 years NCB the policy will reduce by roughly 30%

nicola1981
23-03-2011, 12:52 PM
got to give it a go and with an age 3+ I can see an expense claim coming on!! PE lessons :D

??? sorry im confused

nicola1981
23-03-2011, 12:53 PM
Have a look at Churchill insurance and put your partner down as the main driver and you as additional. You will earn your own ncb as the years go on and they don't charge anymore for business use

thanks will try that i wasnt sure if that was allowed

Tazmin68
24-03-2011, 02:43 PM
Have you tried the motor minder one that advertises in who minds. When we got the second car because I had had a company car prior to minding and that i had been down as second driver on first car I was given a 5 year no claim bonus on the new insurance

debbie

Chatterbox Childcare
24-03-2011, 02:55 PM
??? sorry im confused

not sure what I did but this was supposed to be about a wii zumba game lol :blush: