PDA

View Full Version : Autism - Special Needs Tutor/Carer Wanted CV13

asdmum
22-03-2011, 04:15 PM
I am looking for a dedicated individual who is interested and has experience in working with people with Special needs / Autism.

I have a 13 year old son who has autism. His verbal communication is limited however he can:
read
write (not the tidiest hand writing)
add, subtract
navigate the web
occupy himself in play activities
all to the level of a 6-7 year old.
He does not communicate spontaneously and needs encouragement, he lacks understanding and does not understand abstract.

As an applicant you would need to have the following qualities
have your own vehicle
age 21 +
Speak english as your first language and have excellent communication skills
An interest/experience in working with children with special needs.
Experience of working with children or adults.
A particular interest/curiousity in autism. Some knowlege in the subject matter.
I would like my son to have a tutor/carer that does not just babysit/care for him but provide tuition.

Ideally I am looking for a qualified special needs tutor however I am prepared to discuss with other willing carers who have special needs experience/autism or a tutor who has provided tuition for regular children but has a particular interest for children with special needs.

I live in the CV13 area near Nuneaton and would like the applicant to live within approx 5 miles of CV13

CRB Checks will be required if the successful applicant has not had a CRB check for the commited and successful applicant I would process this and pay the fee.

Please message me via the website.
Thank you

Pipsqueak
22-03-2011, 05:00 PM
Are you looking for a nanny perhaps?

hope you find someone suitable soon.

you might find these organisations helpful

http://www.parentpartnership.org.uk/find_your_local_pps/west_midlands/coventry.aspx

its parent partnership and aiming high

WibbleWobble
22-03-2011, 05:07 PM
he sounds like my daughter 19 yrs old and learning age of 10. She can read and write but doesnt process what she has read. Every sentence is individual to her...she cant follow a story of instructions.

She also gets the wrong end of the stick a lot of the time

Think father Dougal out of father ted meets monty python. Surreal but makes sense somtimes and always funny.

she is now playing out with the schoolies!

mandy xx