PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever tried Acai berry? or other herbal diet helpers?

acorns
21-03-2011, 05:21 PM
I've just ordered some of this from Amazon as it sounds like a bit of an all rounder & hopefully will help with kick starting my diet. I'd read about Alli but want to try this first, just wondered if anyone else has used it and if it is any good? Or any other 'herbal' helps that are any good

The Juggler
21-03-2011, 11:07 PM
hon, I'm not a fan personally. if it kicks starts the diet I think, fab but if it works only while you take it, I think rather find a new way of eating that works for you.

It'd be expensive to keep up. D'you know what someone recommended to me and are a fab appetite suppressant (in that they are a great fill up when you are hungry) - apples. They are so good at filling you up and so low in cals that you can even have 2 when you are really hungry.

Try the Acai but I reckon always better to do what you need to with food and 'retrain' your mind into how/what you eat so you don't have to rely on a short term plan then struggle once you are off it. Hope that makes sense and don't meant to be too negative :( :blush:

angeldelight
21-03-2011, 11:11 PM
I have never tried it but have heard that its ok

I suppose it helps some and not others

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

charlie potato
21-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm using Garcinia plus which is from the garcinia cambodia plant. Its meant to also help with cholestral. I dont seem to crave chocolate half as much and seem to be able to now snack on healthy foods rather than crap. It's retraining my brain but then i now do zumba as well as my karate so i don't rely on it alone as such. xx

claireLouise
22-03-2011, 01:09 AM
Fantastic for digestive system 0- really helped reduce my IBS but not lost any weight using it.

acorns
22-03-2011, 09:15 AM
Thanks, i'll give it a go. I'm hoping that it'll just help me get back into good habits, it's become too easy to snack on c..p, and the 28lbs+:eek: (yes, ive said it) i've put on in the last 2 yrs has made me feel awful. It's probably more mind over matter so maybe if I think it'll work it will. I'd never had a problem keeping my weight relatively ok, although never been a skinny minnie, but I had a bereavement 2 yrs ago and since then it's all gone haywire. Time for change I think and being far too wobbly on a hot hioliday in the summer is scaring me into it!!