PDA

View Full Version : Advertising as a pre-reg

jordanann
23-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Hi Guys
New to this site and think its fantastic:clapping:
Thought i'd pick all your brains. As a pre-reg i am thinking of advertising now ready for september. My only problem is that i have had leaflets, buisness cards etc.. made up but they all state that i am ofsted registered which i am not yet!! Any tips on how i can advertise another way and is it ok to advertise now ready for minding in September even though i haven't had my inspection yet???

Many thanks
Love Lisa
xx xx xx

Mollymop
23-04-2008, 11:15 AM
I waited until after I had my pre-reg to advertise, just in case anything went wrong.
When I advertise I put that I will be registered by may and that I have had a successful pre-registration vist from ofsted, etc.

jordanann
23-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks Sandra i've had my pre-reg visit (which went really well) so good idea to advertise saying that
Love Lisa
xx xx xx

Cazz
23-04-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow you're really organised Lisa! I hope to start in September as well but so far have done nothing apart from spend hours on here getting loads of brilliant info!

I start my ICP course in May but I haven't sent my Ofsted papers off yet as I was told they are quite quick at coming out and I need to do a few things to the house/garden first. I was wondering when I should start advertising though and how I would word it so thanks for asking that!

Have you done your ICP course yet - if so how did you find it? I have 2 saturdays of First Aid, then six evenings for the ICP followed by a saturday for Child Protection and finally the optional exam!

Any advice/info would be much appreciated. :)

karenjoy
23-04-2008, 06:28 PM
I am just getting my paperwork sorted, hoping to get docs bit back this week and would like to send my 2 ref off with ofsted application.

I have just put a advert on netmums to say I am registering and hoping to become fully registered ready fr summer hols so if anyone is interested please email me!!

jordanann
23-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I did my ICP back in Feb, alot of the information is common sense but you do pick up some really good ideas and learn things that you didnt know.
I havent done my first aid yet as i am moving soon just waiting for contracts to exchange. So dont want to book anything just yet and wait untill i am a bit settled in new house.
Cant wait to learn more though.Once in house gonna get booked on every course that will help me:littleangel: LOL

Love Lisa
xx xx xx

nannan
23-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi, just to say good luck to all you new childminders and I hope all your inspections go well for you.

berkschick
23-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Definately advertise ASAP.

I did before I was registered and had 2 mindees lined up for when I was sorted.

As long as you are honest there is no problem.