PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know......

newbie1512
19-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Hi

Does anybody know if either the children and young people workforce or home based childcare courses are compulsory?

Doesnt look like my area is going to get any funding for these and are quite expencive
Would appreciate any info

Thanks in advance

sarah707
19-03-2011, 05:46 PM
It is a requirement to have done an introduction to childminding course within 6 months of registration.

You must also keep your first aid updated and it is very good practice to do some safeguarding training regularly.

It is good practice to check whether you need to do further training.

CR4.2 for the Childcare Register (voluntary) states -

Childminders must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

hth :D

newbie1512
19-03-2011, 06:05 PM
Hi Sarah

I have done the childminders registration course, i think this is the equivilent to icp??

First aid is done and booked on to safeguarding course in 2 weeks time

nicola1981
19-03-2011, 07:23 PM
It is a requirement to have done an introduction to childminding course within 6 months of registration.

You must also keep your first aid updated and it is very good practice to do some safeguarding training regularly.

It is good practice to check whether you need to do further training.

CR4.2 for the Childcare Register (voluntary) states -

Childminders must have successfully completed a:
 qualification at a minimum of level 2 in an area of work relevant to childcare, or
 training in the core skills as set out in the document ‘common core of skills and knowledge for the children’s workforce’.

hth :D

where can we get the document "common core skills ad knowledge for the childrens workforce" ?

onceinabluemoon
19-03-2011, 07:33 PM
http://www.cwdcouncil.org.uk/common-core

nicola1981
19-03-2011, 08:20 PM
thanks you