PDA

View Full Version : ncma accident/incident/medication file

loocyloo
18-03-2011, 03:52 PM
hi,

i currently use the ncma accident/incident/medication file but have arranged it how I want it, and as they seem to change the forms every now and again, have created the forms i want and like, using combinations of the ncma ones! ( ie putting a small body map on the accident form, not a seperate page! ) i still have everything that is on the ncma forms, and i still keep it confidential and give copies to parents, but a CM friend told me today that if a parent were to dispute when medicine was given ( for example ), that if i hadn't used the ncma paperwork, then ncma wouldn't support me?

i appreciate that i use ncma contracts etc, but i am now unsure about medical records!

does anyone have any idea? thanks x

Blaze
18-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Why not email NCMA direct - that way you have it in writing from them IYSWIM!:thumbsup:

loocyloo
18-03-2011, 08:59 PM
:doh: why didn't i think of that? !!!

loocyloo
29-03-2011, 11:02 PM
LOL! i emailed NCMA on the 18th march ... got a reply TODAY!

Although you do not have to use our forms to comply with your insurance, we would strongly advise you to do so. They contain all the necessary information that Ofsted require and avoid any omissions.

Regards

going to carry on using my own forms! and i also asked why they change the forms so frequently, and if it would be possible to put sample forms on the shop page, so you know which ones you are buying, and also, some further information about the latest medical file they offer .... no reply to that !!!!

rickysmiths
29-03-2011, 11:57 PM
LOL! i emailed NCMA on the 18th march ... got a reply TODAY!

Although you do not have to use our forms to comply with your insurance, we would strongly advise you to do so. They contain all the necessary information that Ofsted require and avoid any omissions.

Regards

going to carry on using my own forms! and i also asked why they change the forms so frequently, and if it would be possible to put sample forms on the shop page, so you know which ones you are buying, and also, some further information about the latest medical file they offer .... no reply to that !!!!

I went to the NCMA National Conference last year and the held meetings with members to get feedback on various aspects of mechandise (sp!!) it is late! Anyhow one of the forums included the A & M Folder and the way the forms are written and they then respond to the feedback along with the comments you have made and others to revise the documents. I have been asking for the last couple of years for a normal size ring on the folder because I find I can't fit all the info for the number of children I have in the small rings, I wasn't the only one who commented on this and have they listened :rolleyes: They do respond sometimes though.:clapping: