PDA

View Full Version : accredited childminders - WALES

Kerry-anne
16-03-2011, 05:27 PM
Hello, has any one out there become an accredited childminder, where you can provide early years education, and know what it entails to do this, and do you have to be inspected by estyn as well as cssiw????

Polly2
16-03-2011, 06:20 PM
Hi
You can only become accredited to provide early years ed if you are part of an accredited childminding network.

There is some info here http://www.*************/childminders/foundation_phase.aspx

I would love to do this but unfortunately there is not a network in my area...but I am working on it :thumbsup:

Manjay does this and knows all about the process - I am sure she will be along soon to answer any questions.

manjay
16-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Not all areas will allow childminders to deliver Early Years Education unless there is a shortage of playgroup/nursery places. In Flintshire our LA believe that parents should have a choice and childminders are encouraged to become accredited. I have to be a member of an accredited network and I have monthly visits from an Early Entitlement teacher. I will also be inspected by Estyn:rolleyes:

tulip0803
16-03-2011, 08:11 PM
My area does not have accredited childminders either:(

Mamma4Ya
19-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Hi
You can only become accredited to provide early years ed if you are part of an accredited childminding network.

There is some info here http://www.*************/childminders/foundation_phase.aspx

I would love to do this but unfortunately there is not a network in my area...but I am working on it :thumbsup:

Manjay does this and knows all about the process - I am sure she will be along soon to answer any questions.

Did you find a network after :)

manjay
19-07-2011, 06:20 PM

Polly2 is on a mission to make her own;)

Trouble is that each local authority has to be receptive to the idea od childminders delivering the 3 year old entitlement too. There is only a handful of minders in Wales that are able to do it because lots of LA's don't think it is necessary. Luckily I live in a very inclusive LA where the children's partnership believe parents should have a choice.

Polly2
20-07-2011, 07:27 AM

Things are moving very slowly!! The LA is starting to realise that cm's exist and that we need support. They have developed an online network site for us and in September for the first time in years we will be included in the training they offer to nurseries and playgroups :clapping: We are not an organised group as such but at the moment I have everyones e mail (everyone who is interested in the benefits of a network that is) and I forward information and training dates and answer questions etc.

Its going to talk time but I am determined not to give up :p

Mamma4Ya
20-07-2011, 08:40 AM
Things are moving very slowly!! The LA is starting to realise that cm's exist and that we need support. They have developed an online network site for us and in September for the first time in years we will be included in the training they offer to nurseries and playgroups :clapping: We are not an organised group as such but at the moment I have everyones e mail (everyone who is interested in the benefits of a network that is) and I forward information and training dates and answer questions etc.

Its going to talk time but I am determined not to give up :p

At least it is going in the right direction that is the main thing :clapping: