PDA

View Full Version : Timewasters

helengreen13
16-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to put this but was wondering if anyone else has encountered prospective parents timewasting.l

Firstly, I had a phone call from a lady who wanted full time cover for her 9 month old. Invited her round, made her a cup of tea and then had a chat all about my me and how I childmind, policies etc. After two hours I had to politely ask her to leave as I had the nursery run to do. Never heard back so telephoned as she had a copy of all my policies and procedures and wanted them back. Told her that she could just leave them outside. Have rang a few times now to enquire if she has secured childcare and just get told she has not looked at the policies yet. Would you give up? :angry:

Then had a desperate phone call from a lady on a Sunday asking if I could take her girls afterschool. Said I woudl ring her back Monday as had some juggling to do. Rang back on mobile number I had been given and left voicemail. NO reply so then sent a text but still NO reply - Should I give up or keep trying, dont want to seem desperate but surely they contacted me first.

Am I the only one experiencing this or does it happen frequently. Any advise appreciated. Thanks

Helen x
:clapping: :clapping:

candy cat
16-03-2011, 09:34 AM
do not give out policies until you take a deposit.....too much time and effort goes into them not mentioning ink! I have had a few goes with the job unfortunately,although it's annoying...good luck

caz3007
16-03-2011, 10:28 AM
I never give out my policies either until they are ready to sign up. I have them all in a folder here and hand them to the parent on their first visit whilst I make a cuppa. When we do contracts, then they are given the main ones to take home and read through and then sign to say they have read them

Andrea08
16-03-2011, 10:35 AM
do not give out policies until you take a deposit.....too much time and effort goes into them not mentioning ink! I have had a few goes with the job unfortunately,although it's annoying...good luck

ditto, i have all my info on a website and ask parents to have a look, our paperwork is needed in setting incase ofsted should visit never give out work unless you have a deposit or child has started with you, good luck xx