PDA

View Full Version : New Childminding Regs AND new Standard

webbthomas
15-03-2011, 11:26 AM
I'm in the pre-reg stage (awaiting result of my ICP) and in the middle of writing up my policies and procedures. I emailed CSSIW in respect of my compliance with the new (2010) regs as I have seen various postings.

As I will not be registered until after April 2011, the Inspector has advised me in addition to the new regs which will come into force from April 2011, there are also "new National Minimum Standards which will come into force in May 2011" (currently awaiting signing off by the Ministers). She advises that I "concentrate solely on the 2010 regs" when writing my policies and procedures, "putting aside the current national minimum standards" as my criteria registration will be measured against these. :eek:

Interesting points - thought it was worthy of posting!

Alibali
15-03-2011, 01:41 PM
Hmmm, wonder what they'll be? I guess it will make things like first aid/health and safety etc statutory rather than recommended? I'm sure most of us will be doing everything to the new 'minimum standards' anyway:D

manjay
15-03-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm in the pre-reg stage (awaiting result of my ICP) and in the middle of writing up my policies and procedures. I emailed CSSIW in respect of my compliance with the new (2010) regs as I have seen various postings.

As I will not be registered until after April 2011, the Inspector has advised me in addition to the new regs which will come into force from April 2011, there are also "new National Minimum Standards which will come into force in May 2011" (currently awaiting signing off by the Ministers). She advises that I "concentrate solely on the 2010 regs" when writing my policies and procedures, "putting aside the current national minimum standards" as my criteria registration will be measured against these. :eek:

Interesting points - thought it was worthy of posting!

I think that is what we said on the other thread. NCMA Cyrmu have been in consultation with WAG to iron out the finer details of the new National Minimum Standards. Some points have disappeared from the standards and some more have been added in. You should be able to work out what is required from the new regulations but it is always easier when they have been developed into NMS especially for childminders.

Good luck with your policies:thumbsup: