PDA

View Full Version : Anyone with with no mindees?

Stanfield
22-04-2008, 06:52 PM
Hi,
I have just been in to my local EYDCP to get the ball rolling with my childminding. They said it would be best to register before September as I would still be doing the old curriculum, but if I register after, it would have to be on the new EYFS?? Bit confused by this, dosn't everyone have to transfer to the EYFS?
Anyway, I didnot want to start minding quite so soon as we are trying for a baby at the moment and I want to squeeze one last maternity leave out before going self employed! The lady said this would be fine because if OFSTED phones I would just tell them I am not minding at the moment. Has any one done this? Do they then ask you to call back when you then have mindees? Or would they be able to view me while I only have my own children there, would that work?
I have an information meeting May 12th, but my questions cant wait!!!
Thanks, Lucy

sarah707
22-04-2008, 07:00 PM
Hi,
I have just been in to my local EYDCP to get the ball rolling with my childminding. They said it would be best to register before September as I would still be doing the old curriculum, but if I register after, it would have to be on the new EYFS?? Bit confused by this, dosn't everyone have to transfer to the EYFS?

Seems an odd thing to say - yes we will all have to use eyfs from september. In my humble opinion it's best to wait if you have a choice - then you won't have to use 2 systems, just start on the new one!

Anyway, I didnot want to start minding quite so soon as we are trying for a baby at the moment and I want to squeeze one last maternity leave out before going self employed! The lady said this would be fine because if OFSTED phones I would just tell them I am not minding at the moment. Has any one done this? Do they then ask you to call back when you then have mindees? Or would they be able to view me while I only have my own children there, would that work?

You can register without having children lined up and Ofsted will give you 6 months or so to get yourself organised. However if they inspect you without minded children present you can only get satisfactory... your children will not be counted.

I have an information meeting May 12th, but my questions cant wait!!!
Thanks, Lucy

12th May must seem like ages away when you have questions! Hope this helps :D

jaja
22-04-2008, 07:01 PM
i did, i was looking after two girls who were both over 8, when ofsted rang to organise an inspection i told them the ages and she said oh, well i will put your inspection on hold for a year unless you take any children on younger, if so then phone us. it was very easy, as long as you remember to let them know when you are minding under 8s. hope this helps

jen

xx

MissTinkerbell
23-04-2008, 06:31 PM
Hi,

We have been advised to start with EYFS now, as it gives you chance to get your head around it before you have your first proper inspection.

mrsh
24-04-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi, I'm in similar position. My course starts tonight had the briefing session last week. We were told we had to learn both old and new as we might be tested on both.
I am doing the course now but do not want to start childminding until early next year as I am moving house (hopefully end of this year). I was told to delay the lady that visits with ofsted forms until I was in new house then start the ofsted ball rolling.