PDA

View Full Version : written contract with the kids

nemo97
14-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I've had a new mindee today after school and he doesn't seem to listen :angry:
I've had to repeat myself several times until he understood what I wanted him to do.
In the past i have given them a couple of days to settle into my setting, to get used to what is expected of them, before I would sit them down and go into detail with the rules that we have in place.
So we have sat down tonight and gone through the rules but I was wondering if any of you have made a 'contract' with the mindees. i.e
I will listen to what x says to me.
I will stand by her in the playground until all the other children have come out etc.
The children would then be asked to sign them.

Has anyone made a contract like this that i can take a peek at please :blush: to give me some idea of what to include.

Thanx

Mrs Pootle
15-03-2011, 07:50 AM
I haven't written a contract with the children, but I did get all my after schoolies to sit down and write some ground rules for the walk from school. It can take 20 mins and if they all wanted to run about etc it could be chaos and dangerous.
They thought of the rules, no running, hold hands to cross roads etc, and then they all wrote their name at the bottom of the paper. When one left & I got a new after schoolie, they read the "rules" and were happy to add their name too.
I find this has worked, and if one of them starts to hurry off down the street, it is the others that call after them to say, "no running, we have to walk together":D