PDA

View Full Version : On the bus!

louise2778
22-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Hi again,

I am back with yet another question :blush:

I dont drive so am I ok to take the kids on the bus. I would get parents to sign a permission form.

I hope I am not the only non driver wanting to be a childminder!:eek:

christine e
22-04-2008, 05:39 PM
Hi
I get written permission from parents to cover being driven in a private car by myself and for being transported by public transport (this then covers bus, train, tram etc)
Just realised though I haven't got written permission to put them on a donkey at the seaside though!
Christine

sarah707
22-04-2008, 05:50 PM
Mine says...

I give permission for xxx to –
• Take my child on outings and activities eg park, toddler groups, to and from Nursery or School etc at any time, with or without my prior knowledge and to be transported in any manner deemed suitable by xxx eg xxx's car (insured for business use, with appropriate car seats and seat belts), pushchair, bus, taxi, train, walking with or without reins – to and from these outings, so long as my child is accompanied by xxx.

You can adapt that if you like, but as Christine says, no donkey rides! :laughing:

louise2778
22-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks Sarah and Christine, thats a great help (unless I buy a donkey!)

So if I did the permission form would it be ok to take them in my friends 7 seater. I know they would need the right car seat etc but what happens about insurance.

As a non driver I dont have a clue how insurance works so sorry for being a bit thick :blush:

Just want to do everything right :thumbsup:

sarah707
22-04-2008, 07:03 PM
To take a minded child in a car (any car, yours, your friends etc), the driver needs business insurance and Ofsted will want to see paperwork for the car and driver...

The class of insurance has recently changed with some companies, so your friend will need to ring her company and check, to make sure she has the right cover.

Then of course, you just need age and stage appropriate seats. :D

nannan
23-04-2008, 08:16 PM
I used to take my mindee's on the bus all the time untill I got my car, as long as you have permission and have all the necessary safety checks it will be fine, and the children love going on the bus or train, its makes a fun trip as most of them only ever go out by car, I sometimes now even through I have a car take the children for the day on the bus or train, have fun

louise2778
24-04-2008, 12:05 PM
I used to take my mindee's on the bus all the time untill I got my car, as long as you have permission and have all the necessary safety checks it will be fine, and the children love going on the bus or train, its makes a fun trip as most of them only ever go out by car, I sometimes now even through I have a car take the children for the day on the bus or train, have fun

I know what you mean, I took my friends 3 year old on the bus last year. It was the first time he had ever been on one.

At first he was really nervous, bless him, he would jump everytime the air brakes made a noise or when the doors opened but on the way back home he loved it and even sat upstairs at the front.

I dont think he has been on a bus since, his mum drives everywhere :(

Mollymop
24-04-2008, 12:10 PM
I do not drive and there are lots of childminders in my area that have licenses but do not drive when childminding, so I am not concerned about not driving. So don't worry about it XX

angeldelight
24-04-2008, 10:12 PM
I agree Sandra

I dont drive either

Angel xx

susi513
25-04-2008, 06:25 PM
I did 4 years childminding before I was brave enough to take my test. Wasn't a problem at all. Although I can drive now, I often don't as I've too many children to get in car or not enough time between pick ups/drop offs/school runs/preschool runs/meals to go anywhere.

Two mums specifically picked me because of this - one wouldn't even let her hubby drive her kids anywhere and the other had ticked no on most of my permissions and was happy to have the assurance we would always be in the village unless I'd notified her first we were taking bus trip."Something less to worry about " she said.

And you don't have to fork out for all those child seats, or the problems that come with them - having to switch them around all the time because you've got different size/aged children each day and wondering where to put the ones you're not using!