PDA

View Full Version : Can't wait for this weekend to come

miss mopple
10-03-2011, 07:21 PM
DH and DD1 are off on scout camp tomorrow night so it'll be just me, DD2 (who's 5) and our dog :)

MIL asked if she could have E for a few hours so I could have some totally child free time, bless her, but mad fool that I am I turned her down :laughing:

I am sooo looking forward to a weekend with just her. I miss her so much now she's at school. So I have planned a super fun weekend that I hope she'll love :D We are going to the cinema to see Tangled on Saturday, have lunch or tea out (depending on the screen time) then when we come back I am going to surprise her with a mini camp of our own. I'm going to pitch a tent in the lounge (complete with fairy lights if I can find them), and we will spend the evening curled up in it, playing games, starting to read Wind in the Willows (we saw it at the theatre last week and she loved it so I thought Id read her the book), and will snuggle up and sleep in there the night :clapping:

Can't wait :clapping: :clapping:

anyone else got good plans?

rickysmiths
10-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Thats sounds great. Dh and I would always have boys and girls days out with our two. Still do. When they were smaller though it was nice for them to be able to have a day doing what they wanted and not having to share.

Have a fab weekend.:thumbsup:

RachelE
10-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Ahh, that sounds fantastic! I'm sure your dd will love that.

I'm off to Harrogate for the weekend on a hen weekend! 2 mornings of lie-ins and lots of girly time!

Hope you and dd have a fantastic time in your warm tent! ;)

rachel x

breezy
10-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Think I might change my plans and come to yours!!! Tangled is brill quite funny!

Ds is at scout camp too this weekend so dh and I are taking dd shopping and for lunch and generally gonna spoil her a bit while ds gets cold and muddy:laughing:

miss mopple
10-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Wheres your DS camping breezy? Ours are off to the new forest. Am still trying to work out of its the activities my daughter enjoys by being a scout of all the boys :laughing:

breezy
10-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Thriftwood in Brentwood its a " brass Monkeys" camp they have to build their own shelter...no tents! They also cook for themselves, its all a competition and any help from leaders gets points deducted! He loves it.

miss mopple
10-03-2011, 08:11 PM
Sounds fab!