PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy a simple scrapbook?!

smarteepants
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi guys

I've been on the look out for some simple scrapbooks for learning journals but I just can't find them anywhere!

Can anybody suggest places/websites where I might be able to find some that aren't too costly?

Much appreciated for any help!
Claire :)

Stormy
10-03-2011, 03:44 PM
I have been looking for scrapbooks for ages, found one in wh smith at £2.99 bit bigger than A4, then found them in Wilkinson A4 size for about 70p, the paper in these is not as thick as the ones in wh smith though :)

babs
10-03-2011, 03:54 PM
i use A4 file.... tesco do nice ones

karensmart4
10-03-2011, 04:36 PM
I use an A4 file as well, I've got a nice row of red ones along my shelf :)

Pauline
10-03-2011, 04:41 PM
I use A4 files too, different colour for each child. You can get them as cheap as 70p in Wilko and they hold far more than scrap books. I make my own sheets to hold obs, photo etc. etc.

georgie456
10-03-2011, 05:27 PM
I get my scrapbooks in The Range - good quality and only 99p each.

miffy
10-03-2011, 05:35 PM
I use A4 files too, different colour for each child. You can get them as cheap as 70p in Wilko and they hold far more than scrap books. I make my own sheets to hold obs, photo etc. etc.

This is exactly what I do.

If you do want scrapbooks though try either the Works or the Poundshop both sell them

Miffy xx

aunt sally
10-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Asda sell an A4 scrapbook that has quite a lot of pages and is good sturdy paper.

TammyN
10-03-2011, 07:29 PM
i use files for the children, i have just bought some scrap books from my local resource centre for 50p to begin my year book, little late i now but i'm beginning to like the idea os scrapbooking so will start with a year book and see where it ends.

Chimps Childminding
10-03-2011, 07:31 PM
I use A4 files and plastic sleeves. That way I can slot things in as and when I get round to printing them :blush: I put obs, artwork etc in there in date order so it makes more sense for me to be able to pop sleeves in in the appropriate place!

Mykidsrock
10-03-2011, 07:41 PM
Tesco's do them for just over a £1.00 and they are multicoloured suger paper - although it is quite think. This is what I use and I love them.

Jess x

smarteepants
11-03-2011, 01:32 PM
This is fabulous thanks everyone!

karen1033
29-03-2011, 10:15 AM
For my Learning Journeys I use basic copy paper for printing photos (i take lots of photos and it's much cheaper than printing on photo paper) with captions and the forms with my observations, I also do a quarterly "tracker" showing the stage in EYFS that the child has attained and "WOW" moments on a sheet with big stars all over it. These all go into one of those clear plastic cover thingys (childminding technical term!!) with a slider that holds them all together. The front cover has a larger picture of the child and their name and I add examples of the children's work, scribbles etc. Sometimes if the child wants to take something home or we have done a group activity I take a photo of them with it.

I have found that parents are really only interested in the photos and WOW moments but what OFSTED want is the proof that you are progressing the child through the EYFS ie next steps and summative reports.

I also have a scrapbook which I can share with prospective parents showing our days out, celebrations etc and I have just started a celebrations one for Christmas, Chinese New Year, birthdays etc. I bought my scrapbooks from Smiths but noticed that The Range do them too!

Hope this makes sense :)

Karen x

cherry
29-03-2011, 11:45 AM
I saw some good ones in Hobby Craft Sunday

Faye1980
13-04-2011, 08:09 PM
i bought a simple A4 scrap book for my older mindee (7) from Wilko, cost me 65p, bargain!