PDA

View Full Version : Advertising my business

claireLouise
22-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Guys,

My business advisor has asked me to set a draft leaflet, I have so many ideas but not sure which bits of information to include and leave out. An:) y advice would be welcomed.

Thanks

Claire

christine e
22-04-2008, 01:23 PM
One thing I would suggest is to put things in that don't date for example if you have children of your own and wish to mention them say born 2004 not 4 years old (cos next year they will be 5 and your leaflet will be incorrect) mine says that I have two grown up children, that I began childminding in 1990. I don't mention prices I say please ring for details regarding fees. Just a suggestion cos I see some lovely leaflets that Childminders have spent a lot of money having printed that quickly become dated. I mention in my leaflet the schools I pick up from, the activities we attend in local community, the type of outings we go and activities we do at home etc. I list my qualifications and first aid, health and safetly and food hygiene but then say that I attend a wide variety of training relating to child development.

Hope this helps

Christine

sarah707
22-04-2008, 01:24 PM
I would keep it simple - name, contact details, why you are brilliant, what you offer etc.

Remember though it's your chance to sell yourself - so don't sell short! :D

Tickles
22-04-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi Claire, i include some qualifications / experience, who i am registered with, insured with, what i offer etc

I just got some made up for free, along with business cards, magnetic cards, pens, notepads etc at vistaprint, you only have to pay for your delivery. Loads of childminders on the scma forum have got them too!

I'v been doing it for 7yrs & always included the same sort of things & the care commission always seem pleased with it.

I dont include fee etc, just state that they have to contact provider for details etc.

Joanne

Joanne

claireLouise
23-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Thanks again everyone for your advice. Somethings I had forgotten to include and good to know where I can get the printing done - thanks Joanne.

Claire:)