PDA

View Full Version : Finally completed SEF....Shall I press submit?

candylove13
09-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Hi everyone,

Finally after a lot of hard work and Sarahs fab e-book I have finished my SEF. (Just need to proof check it :) )
So now Im thinking if I press submit, does this mean it will flag up with Ofsted that I need an inspection soon? I registered in October and am expecting Ofsteds call any day. Like everyone, I would love as much notice as possible to Mrs O's visit and am very anxious as first graded one. Does submiting a Sef instantly flag you up?
My other fear is getting the call and not having it submitted in time.
Shall I just bite the bullett?

mr man
09-03-2011, 10:09 PM
hi sorry ive no advice becasue im in the exact situation - but minus the SEF. :panic:
will be watching for advice given, and fingers crossed for you. I'm hoping to maybe send my two children off on adventures to grandads for an overnight stay and i will get my sef done, if not only started. eekk:panic:
one Q thou - how did you get to log into your sef ????? i'm at a blank. ive never done it ? and have had no password or simliar ????? thanks (sorry for the hijack).

christine e
09-03-2011, 10:28 PM
Go on be brave and click submit. I don't think it flags up to Ofsted but culd be wrong. I think Ofsted will only look at it when your name comes up for inspection.

Cx

Leanne59
09-03-2011, 10:34 PM
I summitted mine in sept and im still waiting for my inspection! it will need updating by the time the come out!:rolleyes:

please save your sef on disc and your hard drive and every where your can! i lost my 40 page sef! due to hard drive going i cryed for hours!!:blush:

christine e
09-03-2011, 10:37 PM
I summitted mine in sept and im still waiting for my inspection! it will need updating by the time the come out!:rolleyes:

please save your sef on disc and your hard drive and every where your can! i lost my 40 page sef! due to hard drive going i cryed for hours!!:blush:

Why couldn't you pull it back up from the Ofsted online sef?

Leanne59
09-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Why couldn't you pull it back up from the Ofsted online sef?

I sent it throught the post as the online was messing about:blush: ofsted wouldnt send me a copy back! i think they lost it!

nicoleon
09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
i submitted mine in nov or dec but still no call. yet. waiting for it any minute :panic:

mrs_scottydog
09-03-2011, 11:53 PM
So now Im thinking if I press submit, does this mean it will flag up with Ofsted that I need an inspection soon?

This is what I was wondering too. I started filling out my SEF a while ago and haven't done anymore since :blush: This is my next task now that my LJ is up to date. Hx

candylove13
10-03-2011, 07:19 AM

September wow! I think I will just send it in today then, at least it's off my mind :)
Yeah I've saved it on the pc's harddrive and the laptop, so fingers crossed.

To log into your SEF if I remember right, Ofsted send you out a letter with a token number on to log into the government gateway site and you set your account up there. I would ring Ofsted if not recieved it, I got mine just after registration.

Thanks for the good advice!

carol cameron
10-03-2011, 07:58 AM
I submitted mine last July, was due for an inspection in October but didn't get an inspection until January this year. I also printed a SEF copy out for my own records which the inspector briefly referred to on the day of my inspection.
I did go back into the online SEF to start updates the week before my inspection and it worked fine.
Just press submit-it will make you feel so good to know you have done it:)

wendywu
10-03-2011, 08:02 AM
Mine ids done but i have not submitted it.

So once it is submitted i can still go back and alter it then :)

FizzWizz
10-03-2011, 09:47 AM
I am also due my first inspection so when Mrs Ofsted left a message on my phone last week the first thing I did was submit SEF.

When she actually spoke to me yesterday she asked if I had done SEF so hadn't actually looked for it when she phoned - therefore I would guess that it does not automatically flag you up but prob looks better if you submit before you get their call which is what I had to tell her I had done!!

I'm lucky though - have had about 3 weeks notice prior to inspection.

candylove13
10-03-2011, 10:04 AM
Its gone! :clapping:

miffy
10-03-2011, 10:35 AM
Its gone! :clapping:

Very brave! :thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Miffy xx