PDA

View Full Version : Cars

Mrs M
22-04-2008, 12:20 PM
Please could you tell me what type of vehicles you use for your childminding. I currently have a Renault Megane (just a basic one with five seats) but am looking to buy something larger, like a seven seater. However, my husband thinks I should have an estate car as it has more storage. I explained to him that the seats in a seven seater can go down to give you storage if no one is sitting in them. As you can probably tell from my tone, we have fallen out over this and he has annoyed me!!!
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks. :angry:

Tickles
22-04-2008, 12:55 PM
Hi i have a renault grand scenic [ 7 seater] & i find their is plenty room for my lot! the seats fold down , takes less than 2 minutes for putting them up & down & the seats can also be removed.

My husband had to collect a bath for a family member & removed all the middle row of seats [ stored them in garage] & put the very 2 back ones down. He got the bath in no probs!

Delly
22-04-2008, 12:58 PM
I have a toyota verso, it has 2 fold down seats in the boot, so seats 7. Its great apart from the fact I can't get my pram in boot when all seats up, I'm thinking of a Renault Espace which has boot when I change.

sarah707
22-04-2008, 12:59 PM
We have an 8 seater toyota estima import for the business - it is fab! Loads of boot space, 6 teenagers fit fine... :D

hello kitty
22-04-2008, 01:01 PM
I've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager and it's fab. However it's in the garage at the mo as someone let their car roll into mine :mad: and I've got an S-Max as a hire car. It's OK not great on boot space though.

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 01:06 PM
I've got a Ford Fiesta:crying:

berkschick
22-04-2008, 01:08 PM
I have a Chrysler grand voyager too.

Its great!

I had it before I started minding as we are a family of 6.

At the moment all the seats are up and pushed as far back as they can go and I still have a double and 2 single bugys in the boot. I could still get a weeks shop in the boot on top of the buggys too.

I had a Sharan before this and the boot isnt nearly as big.

Mrs M
24-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Thank you all so much for your replies. I have been looking at the Chryslers and also the Ford Galaxy. Quite like the Galaxy. Hubby has his eye on a Zafira too. He's now coming round to the idea since finding out that I have no middle seat belt in my car and it would be hugely difficult to fit three children in the back of mine anyway. He just feels it's a big outlay seeing as I don't have any business yet but I won't get any business if I don't have the right tools.
Anyway, thanks again girls.:)