PDA

View Full Version : Excited!

sarah707
22-04-2008, 11:45 AM
I was turned down for a 'communicating with parents' course a while ago...

I've just had a call to say there's been a cancellation!

It's only in the next town so not far to travel either!

I have problems with a couple of parents just now so I think it will be useful.

Looking forward to Saturday now! :D

Twinkles
22-04-2008, 11:54 AM
Hope you enjoy the course Sarah.
Do you think there will be units such as

Using a megaphone to get your point accross

How to use profanities effectivly

Hitting parents over their head - is it always wrong ?

ma7ie
22-04-2008, 11:55 AM

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I like the last point best.

emler
22-04-2008, 11:58 AM
:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Emler x

Tatia
22-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Enjoy the course, Sarah.

LOL @ Twinkles!:laughing:

Heaven Scent
22-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Thats brilliant Sarah, Where is the next town. I'm getting in a muddle again. got to do school run - speak soon.

Celine

Pipsqueak
22-04-2008, 02:53 PM

:clapping: :clapping: they are great units.

How about adding in one -
making parents realise that their child isn't an angel

Thats great news Sarah - hope you enjoy the course.

Rubybubbles
22-04-2008, 02:55 PM
excellent news, hope it's useful:clapping:

sarah707
22-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Thats brilliant Sarah, Where is the next town. I'm getting in a muddle again. got to do school run - speak soon.

Celine

It's in Northwich at the Memorial hall on Saturday... I'm hoping they cover...

'best ways to talk to parents who shout at you on the phone' and...

'getting money from parents who tell you they can't afford to pay then buy new cars' and...

'how to tell parents that their child probably has adhd with a smattering of autism without losing the contract'

:D

littlewonders
23-04-2008, 01:15 PM
:laughing: Lol!! I think the parents need a course ' How to respect and work with your childminder'!!!

Good Luck Sarah :thumbsup:

Polly2
23-04-2008, 01:45 PM
You guys so make me laugh :laughing:

Enjoy your course Sarah :thumbsup:

donnahay0
23-04-2008, 04:30 PM
Oh that's great Sarah, I hope you enjoy the course and when you have finished you must come back and tell us all about it - we need all the tips we can get when dealing with the parents.

I still don't know where you find the time - have you got some kind of magic spell that turns you into lots of Sarahs that can all go and do different things at the same time - oh please do share

sarah707
23-04-2008, 04:37 PM
I still don't know where you find the time - have you got some kind of magic spell that turns you into lots of Sarahs that can all go and do different things at the same time - oh please do share

I don't sleep! :eek: :laughing:

Banana
23-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh thats good Sarah!!

Will keep my eyes out for one of those in my area. 2 of my parents need a kick up the bum!

x

Alibali
23-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Great news, you'll be\giving us all great advice soon, not that you don't already mind :D :D

Enjoy,

Ali :)

disney
23-04-2008, 06:39 PM
thats good news , hope it goes well . im doing one but its not untill the summer & its a called something else but its similier i think :cool: x

berkschick
23-04-2008, 06:55 PM
Thats great, well done!

Make sure you post any useful pointers on here for us to share. lol

deeb66
23-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Hope you have a good time Sarah :thumbsup:

I am also out all day Saturday - Surrey's Network Conference.

lizzymoonshine
24-04-2008, 12:12 PM
love the posts,

all parents should be made to go on a course "how to work with your childminder"!! perhaps we wouldn't have the problems we do!

:)

miffy
24-04-2008, 12:15 PM
Hope you enjoy the course Sarah - and when you've got all the answers please
........................share :D

miffy xx

Mollymop
24-04-2008, 12:15 PM
That's great! It will soon be Saturday!!

sarah707
26-04-2008, 07:50 PM
Well... it was interesting and some parts were enjoyable, but I'm not sure I learned much new!

She did some assertiveness training with us which was good... we must decide what we are going to say, say it, then stop... apparently most people then add something like... 'is that ok?' or 'are you alright with that?' which gives the parent the chance to say 'well, actually, no'...

So we must learn when to stop talking and not be so wishy washy!!!

For example... 'Mrs X, we need to talk about John's fees which are 3 weeks overdue. I have sent you a reminder but you have still not paid me. I need payment from you by the end of today or I cannot accept him tomorrow'... and stop talking... and stick to what you have said... and do not apologise... you have a right to be paid... they would not work for no money!

Easier said than done!! :rolleyes:

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:13 PM
And i would find myself adding "I'm sorry............" :blush:

Pleased it went well Sarah and you enjoyed yourself

miffy xx

crazybones
26-04-2008, 08:29 PM
Glad it went well Sarah. I could do with a bit of that - I bottled out of speaking to my sister earlier as she hadnt paid me since Monday - I sent a text instead. :o Apparently she has been busy:rolleyes: The money was shoved through the letter box. So why do I feel guilty:mad:

miffy
26-04-2008, 08:32 PM
Glad it went well Sarah. I could do with a bit of that - I bottled out of speaking to my sister earlier as she hadnt paid me since Monday - I sent a text instead. :o Apparently she has been busy:rolleyes: The money was shoved through the letter box. So why do I feel guilty:mad:

Oh don't feel guilty Annie - after all you weren't too busy to look after her children were you - families huh :rolleyes:

miffy xx

Tatia
27-04-2008, 08:15 AM
That's useful advice, Sarah, about knowing when to shut up. Like Miffy, I find myself apologizing, qualifying or justifying when I really shouldn't. I hate confrontation of any sort and sort of mangle it!

breezy
27-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks Sarah,
really good advice, my problem is I never shut up, especially when I'm nervous about approaching the parent, or feel guilty! I usually end up feeling I'm the one in the wrong and get walked all over, I definitely need an assertiveness course!!!!!!!!!! :)